PDA

View Full Version : Asteroid to Make Near Miss of Earth Next Week

Prrkitty
01-25-2008, 11:42 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325345,00.html

Quote: The asteroid makes its closest approach to Earth, 334,000 miles (537,500 kilometers), at 3:33 a.m. Eastern time (12:33 a.m. Pacific time). For comparison, the moon is an average of 239,228 miles (385,000 kilometers) away.

------

I suppose that's not really close... but when you think about it that's more close then, I'm sure, most people will be comfortable about.

This subject and the subject around the TV Show "Jericho" ... are the two catastrophes that worry me the most. And I suppose that TV shows depictions of each of these type catastrophes is why I'm so leary about them.

Each one could send us back to the ice age... with humanity probably being killed off. As well as everything else, for that matter.

Aegix Drakan
01-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Wow...

That's a little too close for comfort... *crosses fingers that nothing impacts the earth in the next 1,000 years at least*

And I'm sure few humans would survive. But then we'd prolly end up being reduced to animalistic tendencies in a few weeks.

Russ
01-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Wow, that's pretty close to Earth. Maybe a little too close...

MasterSwordUltima
01-26-2008, 04:01 PM
That's a little too close for comfort... *crosses fingers that nothing impacts the earth in the next 1,000 years at least*

I hope nothing like that happens within the next 50-70 years. Considering I most likely will not be living after that, I honestly don't care. :p

HOWEVER, Earth is overdue on a zombie invasion. Am I the only one who seriously wants that? I'm going to wish for a full-scale zombie war for my 20th birthday.

Aegix Drakan
01-28-2008, 10:37 AM
I'm going to wish for a full-scale zombie war for my 20th birthday.

If there IS a zombie ANYTHING on that day, I will know who to kill first.

>_> /me doesn't like zombies.

I can't even play Resident Evil (gamecube) in a well lit room with a friend offering advice. Well...I can, but then If I wake up in the middle of the night, I have A LOT of trouble sleeping...

If there is a zombie invasion, I will go totally insane. Ghosts, no problem. Vampires, I'm breaking out the napalm and Wearing Garlic 24/7. Skeletons, Not too bad, I'm just gonna need a hockey stick. But Zombies? I'm running for the nearest safe place.

...Well...I think my firend would like it. He likes survival horror.

...*ahem* Back on topic...

I'm just glad the asteroid isn't gonna hit. I don't want Advance wars: Days of ruin to become reality...

Prrkitty
01-28-2008, 06:19 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,326125,00.html

First blurry pictures of said asteroid. They're actually thinking it's smaller then initially thought. Smaller is better!