PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody tell me how to...

sauSAGE Link
01-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey guys, I need help with a dungeon screen. It has statues at four corners, a strip of spikes blocking the way to the next door. Once the player defeats the enemies, he is to hit the NE statue and either the spike strip disappears or one spike tile disappears, allowing the player access to the next room. Can somebody explain to me how to do this, please?:newbie:

Pineconn
01-23-2008, 08:36 PM
This is relatively simple and very rudimentary. First, put whatever kind of flag you want on the statue (for example, if you want the statue to be triggered with the sword, use flag 79). In the secret combo screen (Data -> Secret Combos), set up whatever you want the statue to look like after you trigger it. So if the sword triggers it, go to the Sword tab, click on the first black square, and select the appropriate combo (remember to use the +/- keys to swap CSets).

Now, we need to make the spikes disappear. Place flag 16 on all spike tiles that you want to disappear. In the secret combo screen, go into the Misc tab. Underneath "Flags 16-31" click on the first black square and set up what you want the spikes to look like after you trigger the statue (you may want for them to turn into the same floor tile).

When Link hits the statue, the spikes will disappear. Now, things change if you mandate that Link must kill the enemies first. Press F9 to bring up the screen data, select "Enemies->Secret", and click OK. Place flag 17 on the statue and change flag 16's to 18's. In the secret combo screen under "Flags 16-31", set up the second black box (which corresponds as flag 17) to look like the statue (if you want the statue to look different after Link kills the enemies, go ahead and select a different combo). Still in the secret combo screen, make flag 18 (the third black box) the spike combo. While holding in the Ctrl key, click on flag 18 and select flag 16. Also, while holding in the Ctrl key, click on flag 17 and select the item you want to trigger the statue after Link kills the enemies. Therefore, when Link kills the enemies, the statue will change to be activated by the item and the spikes will change to turn into floor when you trigger the statue, even though nothing will look like it changed (unless you decided to make the statue look different when the enemies are killed). Then, Link will be able to trigger the statue, and the spikes will disappear.

Done! *pants*

sauSAGE Link
01-23-2008, 08:52 PM
WOW! Thanks for the fast reply! Yes of course it works now. One more question if I may-how to assign secret sound to above mentioned scenario and when discovering bombable doors.

Russ
01-23-2008, 08:57 PM
WOW! Thanks for the fast reply! Yes of course it works now. One more question if I may-how to assign secret sound to above mentioned scenario and when discovering bombable doors.
The scret sound will play automatically when you bomb a bombable wall or trigger a secret.

erm2003
01-23-2008, 09:20 PM
It's not automatically played when bombing a wall in a dungeon. Is this still out of our control?

Russ
01-23-2008, 09:22 PM
It's not automatically played when bombing a wall in a dungeon. Is this still out of our control?
It's not? I could have sword it was.

Pineconn
01-23-2008, 11:10 PM
In 2.10, the only time when the secret SFX isn't played when you trigger a secret is when Link steps on a Trigger (Temporary) or Trigger (Permament) combo type.

erm2003
01-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think this is any different in 2.5 unless it's scripted.

Russ
01-24-2008, 11:29 AM
In 2.10, the only time when the secret SFX isn't played when you trigger a secret is when Link steps on a Trigger (Temporary) or Trigger (Permament) combo type.

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think this is any different in 2.5 unless it's scripted.
That's correct. Even in 2.5, the SFX still won't play when you step on a trigger. But the sound played can be changed on a screen by screen basis.

Joe123
01-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Yah, but the script needed to make it play a SFX when you do step on a trigger isn't too complex.