PDA

View Full Version : NASA Photo Shows Humanoid Figure on Mars

Prrkitty
01-23-2008, 04:44 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324800,00.html

Quote: Is it Bigfoot? A Tusken Raider from the first "Star Wars" movie? Or just a rock?

British newspapers went crazy Wednesday morning about an image from Mars that appears to show a humanoid figure descending a shallow hillside.

The "alien" is actually a blurry detail in a huge panoramic photograph snapped on the edge of Mars' Gusev crater by NASA's Spirit rover in early November, and posted on NASA's Web site on Jan. 2.

-----

Is it the "man on the Moon" out for his daily "planet walk"? Did he skip over to Mars for a dusty walk?

It *does* look like something. The article does talk about someone having to PhotoShop so they could get the close ups they do have.

Should prove interesting to find out what NASA will say about it...

Russ
01-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Is it really just a blur? Or is it an alien!

MasterSwordUltima
01-23-2008, 06:14 PM
The part about Usama Bin Laden kinda confused me...is that really how Brits spell his name?

Also, is s/he wearing some sort of Pyramid Head-esque skirt/dress thing? Looks that way to me.

Prrkitty
01-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Actually, if I remember right, I think Osama's son is named Usama. :)

MasterSwordUltima
01-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Ooooh. I should name my son Iames.

Also, is the martian just sitting there, or what? And is it really just a few feet off the ground [the camera, that is]. Doesn't seem like it is. Seems much higher. But then again, I've seen those videos of the lochness monster, and after a few seconds it turns out that its a bird and flies off, and its only a few feet infront of the camera. Who knows?

Russ
01-23-2008, 06:28 PM
I just want to know what NASA has to say about this.

Pineconn
01-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Yeah, and this is a picture of the reincarnation of Pope John Paul II in fire. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=487764&in_page_id=1811)

Honestly, some people blow things waaay out of proportion. I can't say that it doesn't look like a humanoid, but so could this corn growing on the bottom of my foot (that was hypothetical, BTW).

bigjoe
01-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Oh man, now I'm going to start thinking that I'm an abandoned Martian orphan again. It took years of therapy to get that out of my head, AND NOW ITS ALL GONE TO WASTE. :scared:

Russ
01-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Yeah, and this is a picture of the reincarnation of Pope John Paul II in fire. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=487764&in_page_id=1811)

Wow, that does look like him.

Oh man, now I'm going to start thinking that I'm an abandoned Martian orphan again. It took years of therapy to get that out of my head, AND NOW ITS ALL GONE TO WASTE. :scared:
Meat your real Dad.

phattonez
01-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Unfocused and fuzzy, it's a rock. There's a name for this sort of thing, where people find images in disorder. It's like when people thought that they saw the devil in the smoke coming from the WTC. $10 to AGN if this turns out to be a life form.

ctrl-alt-delete
01-24-2008, 02:44 PM
If that four inch piece of rock is a life-form, you can keep your money.

MasterSwordUltima
01-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Oh my god, its Pope John Paul II's ultimate form!!

Also, he looks just like the Zatoichi. How awesome is that?

Sute
01-24-2008, 03:19 PM
I really enjoyed the picture, even though it was fake, it's just awesome to think about if it WAS an alien, how much everything would change beyond that!

Who all knows about that crazy man-face on Mars..? I forget if it was a trick of the shadow, but I think they did check it on all sides and it checks clear for being a face on all angles.

Modus Ponens
01-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Actually, if I remember right, I think Osama's son is named Usama. :)

Actually, Osama and Usama are alternate transliterations of the same name spelled the same way in Arabic. It's an artifact of the incomplete compatibility between their spelling system and ours, and of the fact that they technically have a three-vowel system that allows for allophonic variation. And stuff.

Anyway, that's why sometimes you'll see "Osama bin Laden" and sometimes you'll see "Usama ben Ladin" and whatnot, and you see the same thing with Saddam Hussein's son Oday's name sometimes being spelled "Uday" or "Udai" or whatever. It's the same name.

MasterSwordUltima
01-24-2008, 09:59 PM
No seriously guys, the pope is made of fire in that article. How awesome is that? 11/10 I say.

Pineconn
01-24-2008, 10:07 PM
I know, it must be the reincarnation of the pope. It just must be. It's amazaring! A++++++++++

Sute
01-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Probably considered an "imprint" of his energy, not so much him. Spirit talk, yo.

rag007
01-29-2008, 03:04 PM
wow nice link.. thanx for sharing it with all the members... ;)

Feasul
01-29-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm always impressed by the human ability to find patterns and shapes in random formations. Cool find.