PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger Found Dead

Breaker
01-22-2008, 07:08 PM
"Pills were found in the vicinity of the bed," police spokesman Paul Browne told CNN.

Killed himself at 28 years old.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/22/heath.ledger.dead/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Pineconn
01-22-2008, 10:05 PM
...Never heard of him.

But it's unfortunate that a rising star had to lose his life at such a young age.

phattonez
01-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Drugs, simple as that.

Archibaldo
01-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Heh, my neighbor comes over and tells me that the cowboy from Broke Back Mountain is dead. She's says she's heart broken 'cause she loves cowboys.

Russ
01-22-2008, 11:27 PM
I've never even heard of him. Oh well. Quite sad. 28 years old. Suicide is a great evil.

Gerudo
01-23-2008, 12:00 AM
look up the movies he's done. damn.

you just don't recognize the name, but if you look up his movie credits, you'll see he's probably been in a movie you've seen.

such a sad way to go.

Pineconn
01-23-2008, 12:08 AM
look up the movies he's done. damn.

you just don't recognize the name, but if you look up his movie credits, you'll see he's probably been in a movie you've seen.

such a sad way to go.

Nope. Never seen a single one. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heath_Ledger#Filmography)

Movie-illiterateness FTW!
Video games > movies FTW!
Going to sleep right now FTW!

Lilith
01-23-2008, 12:17 AM
---

Modus Ponens
01-23-2008, 03:55 AM
When I heard the news, I went to his Wikipedia article. At the end of the section on his death, it said, "Loving Father. Great Actor. Gay Cowboy." It's gone now, but man, you've gotta love Wikipedia.

Ich
01-23-2008, 05:44 AM
The news (trustworthy source, I know) said something to the effect of the character of the joker had kind of gotten inside his head and he went a little bit crazy.

These are the dangers of method acting.

Breaker
01-23-2008, 05:58 AM
The news (trustworthy source, I know) said something to the effect of the character of the joker had kind of gotten inside his head and he went a little bit crazy.

These are the dangers of method acting.

Yeah... that sounds like bullshit. No suicide note and nobody (that I've read) considered him unbalanced. It looks like an accidental overdose, which is pretty easy to do with prescription sleep aids. Some of which may make you act crazy and possibly suicidal, schizo even, like a totally different person.

Heath ledger also just finished filming the movie I'm Not There (2007). The plot is based on the life of Bob Dylan, where six characters embody a different aspect of the musician's life and work. I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Edit: if you don't know who bob dylan is, I can't promise not to ban you.

MasterSwordUltima
01-23-2008, 10:21 AM
I heard about this on the radio this morning. Something about how he couldn't sleep, and how he took an Ambien and it did nothing, so he took another, and he only slept for an hour. Crazy.

mikeron
01-23-2008, 11:30 AM
It could have been worse: not dying young hasn't worked out so well for a lot of other actors.

I'm still going to label this as 'tragic', though, because he has a daughter, he was a good actor, ambien strikes again, and he didn't douche up the limelight like so many others.

EDIT: P.S. - I thought he was much more well known than you guys are letting on.

ctrl-alt-delete
01-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Yeah, Dark Knight is going to be a lot better now.

Cult status probably just went up a billion.

Sad story...

Even sadder?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/hanagumori/heath.jpg

Jackasses.

That image will probably go down before too long. I saved it and will upload it later for anyone who does not get to see it.

Aegix Drakan
01-23-2008, 02:32 PM
...whaaat...whaaaaaaaat?

Oh come on, picketing the guy's funeral because of a role he played? That's just about the lamest thing I heard all week.

Isn't it enough for them to believe that he's in eternal suffering?? It's stupid that they feel the need to ruin his memorial ceremony because he played a role in a movie they think is evil (Never saw it, but how can a movie be evil?).
What are they gonna do for the producer when HE dies? Dig him up and hang his corpse?!?

These people are, as a good friend of mine would say, "Mentally Deficient".

Russ
01-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Yeah, Dark Knight is going to be a lot better now.

Cult status probably just went up a billion.

Sad story...

Even sadder?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/hanagumori/heath.jpg

Jackasses.

That image will probably go down before too long. I saved it and will upload it later for anyone who does not get to see it.
Oh my gosh. Whatever happened to "Rest In Piece". Poor guy.

Prrkitty
01-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Ultimately ... may Heath rest in peace and may his family and friends find comfort in remembering the happy times they had with him.

MasterSwordUltima
01-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Yeah, photobucket already ripped down that picture. You say you have it saved...or should I just not see it?

Pineconn
01-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Can you post an attachment of the pic, ctrl-alt-delete (or whatever that feature is that I don't have)? :D

I'm insensitive. Oh well. If it's humorous, I'm in.

Dark Nation
01-23-2008, 07:39 PM
I found what I'm guessing is the same pic that was taken down.

http://i29.tinypic.com/o93lgl.jpg

P. S. Not all Christians are like that. Most of us are actually fairly nice people. Unfortunately, they are a quiet majority and the very vocal minority is what you always hear about.

Russ
01-23-2008, 07:43 PM
P. S. Not all Christians are like that. Most of us are actually fairly nice people. Unfortunately, they are a quiet majority and the very vocal minority is what you always hear about.
Yes, why is it that you only hear about the radical ones like them over the news.

erm2003
01-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Westboro Baptist Church...

Oh those assholes? They are the same ones who picket the funerals of soldiers because they believe soldiers are dying as a result of the sin of homosexuality. They need some major help.

As a matter of fact, a judge found them guilty in court and ordered them to pay a settlement around $11 million I believe. I can't believe that amount didn't put them out of commission for a while. Who is the sick bastard funding these people?

EDIT: OK, this lawsuit was for $2.9 million, but I am sure it's not the only one.
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071031/NEWS01/710310388/1001/RSS

Shoelace
01-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Those bastards, they better not picket the funeral. I mean, geez leave the friends and family alone. I hate when they did that to people like soldiers. I mean, what is the freakin' point. It doesn't spread a message, if does, it sends out that that group of people are A-holes.

Anyways, Heath Ledger was one of the greatest young actors of this time. He will surely be missed in the movie world. I thought of him of being the future of the business. And he was so young and has a 2-year old daughter. :( That sucks...

Freedom
01-23-2008, 08:41 PM
I found what I'm guessing is the same pic that was taken down.

http://i29.tinypic.com/o93lgl.jpg

I'd go that a step further DN, I'd say the person that wrote that piece is no Christian at all, and shouldn't be confused with one.

Russ
01-23-2008, 08:55 PM
I'd go that a step further DN, I'd say the person that wrote that piece is no Christian at all, and shouldn't be confused with one.
And I would agree with you there 100%.

Aegix Drakan
01-23-2008, 09:15 PM

QUOTED
FOR
FREAKING
TRUTH!

>_> It's always the bad apples that people taste. After all, how many times do you hear someone say "Maaan...that was an awesome apple!" ? :S the good ones get ignored, and all people want to talk about are the bad ones.

Again, Quoted for truth.

And of course Heath Ledger's Family and friends have my deepest sympathies.

phattonez
01-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Yes, why is it that you only hear about the radical ones like them over the news.

Because it's entertaining.

Russ
01-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Because it's entertaining.
Well the news should focus more on truth and less on entertainment!

erm2003
01-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Well it is truth... that they are out there, no matter how nuts they are.

Shoelace
01-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Well, they think they are a type of Christian group. There aren't a very big group but this is actually real. I actually saw a 60 minute show on this group and it showed them and teachings, it showed them go to soldier's funerals picketing. It even showed the poor children having to grow up and be raised that way. This supposedly Christian group is just really hateful, and their preacher is really insane.

Here is a video of the group if you are interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O228AQRvcqQ

Russ
01-23-2008, 09:43 PM
I would hardly call them Christians. They're pure evil.

Freedom
01-23-2008, 09:58 PM
I compare them with skinheads, they claim to be Christians too.
They're going to be the most surprised looking dead people you ever saw, when they finally learn the truth.
Bill Clinton was America's first black president too. ;)
Back in the 60's in LSD's hay day a lot of people thought they were birds, and could fly ................................PLOP. ;)

Pineconn
01-23-2008, 11:23 PM
Well the news should focus more on truth and less on entertainment!

News Station A reports the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. They report the truth about the War in Iraq, about inflation, and about global warming. News Station B is all about yellow journalism and catering to the public's ego. Ethos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethos) and pathos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathos) are their motives, not logos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logos).

The public will watch News Station B. Why? People want juice. People want to believe that the world is screwed up more than it is. (Remember, this is not surprising because there are people out there thinking that... a certain somebody would actually be a good president, but this is an entirely different subject that we shouldn't get into here.... I digress. )

Prrkitty
01-24-2008, 01:19 AM

Quoted for emphasis X 2 + 1...

Lilith
01-24-2008, 04:23 PM
---

Breaker
01-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Medication for insomnia like Ambien can suppress your respiratory system so much that you can stop breathing and die in your sleep.

Zaphod Q. IX
01-25-2008, 09:21 AM
From what I know it's pretty hard to die from ODing on pills because your body will stop absorbing the chemicals after awhile and vomit up the rest.

Only if you take them all at once...that's why most "cry for help" OD idiots don't even need their stomachs pumped. Only real suicide attempts require that.
If you were to take them, say, one per hour, for a couple of hours...your body doesn't react to and reject them. All the better for truly overdosing...and dying.

:|

On the other hand, sometimes people forget that they've taken a pill, and take it again, and again, and again...even more so with sleeping medication, it seems.