PDA

View Full Version : fav coffee

Lilith
01-22-2008, 11:13 AM
---

mikeron
01-22-2008, 11:34 AM
I usually grind my own and drink it black, so bean quality/freshness trumps all else. For this reason, I jump around between several brands, currently with Seattle's Best. The best mixed coffee I've ever had was a Mexican Mocha from a pricey kiosk right outside the Mandeville Theater at UCSD. Honorable mention: a vanilla chai shake from the same location. Unfortch, I think that the quality was heavily dependent on who was on the clock.

phattonez
01-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Cafe con Leche: Heat up a glass of milk, but a tablespoon of ground coffee beans in it, add some sugar, and drink up. I don't like coffee too much so that's great for me.

Pineconn
01-22-2008, 05:47 PM
The only "coffee" I'd drink is some sort of mocha cappuccino. I'd much rather prefer a good cup of hot chocolate. I'm still a 5-year-old inside. :p

Masamune
01-22-2008, 07:05 PM
These chocolate covered espresso beans. I swear the secret ingredient is crack.

Lilith
01-23-2008, 12:19 AM
---

moocow
01-23-2008, 12:33 AM
I'm not much of a coffee drinker. I get cappuccinos from Tim Horton's all the time (not iced, I hate those), but just cause someone else is picking it up for me. I like vanilla frappuccinos at the gas stations. But nothing elaborate or fancy.... cause I just don't.

Speaking of coffee... that makes me think of this awesome drink I had at Olive Garden tonight... a frozen tiramisu. Oh. My. God.

gdorf
01-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Favorite Coffee Beans/Espresso Beverages: Stumptown (I live in Vancouver, WA - right next to portland)
Honorable mention: Krispy Kreme (I swear, they have stellar coffee).

Fav sugary delicious drinks: I quit drinking them completely to get myself in shape about a year ago. I guess Starbucks or Peet's are the best though. I'd like to support the "coffee shacks" around the city, but the drinks they prepare are usually pretty horrid.

What I usually end up drinking anyway: Starbucks

I work at Starbucks, so I get a free pound of coffee a week. The only coffees I like that we offer are Sulawesi and Arabian Mocha Sanani, so I drink a lot of those two.

When I quit working for Starbucks I'll buy my whole bean coffee from Stumptown.

MasterSwordUltima
01-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Do you all seriously drink coffee because you need the energy? Or is it because it tastes good?

Last time I had coffee was in december, but only because it was eight degrees out, and I needed something to keep me warm when I worked outside. And also only because there was no hot chocolate in the building either. I usually have enough energy to deal with the day still, also soda...I drink a lot of vanilla coke.

ShadowTiger
01-24-2008, 12:40 PM
The cold actually refreshes me to work even harder. The heat totally and completely drains me in almost every way. Not sure why it works that way with me. I probably take after my father, who will happily trek through many cities in the same day in the coldest day of Winter. ... And drag me along for the hell of it. yay. ._°

I prefer a nice Frappachino from Starbucks. (I don't care about the spelling so long as I can pronounce it to order it. :p ) Or perhaps something vanilla. I don't really drink coffee for the energy unless I really need it, because it ends up making me pretty hungry and weak afterwards.

Lilith
01-24-2008, 04:25 PM
---

Dracula
01-25-2008, 03:34 PM
I'm quite satisfied with a cup of truckstop coffee. Cheap and simple FTW.

punkonjunk1024
01-25-2008, 04:42 PM
I only go to local coffeeshops that supply only fairtrade organic vegan coffee, because liek, I soooo support that stuff.

ZTC
01-25-2008, 05:01 PM
I hate coffee.

Lilith
01-25-2008, 06:47 PM
---