PDA

View Full Version : Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Kairyu
01-21-2008, 11:57 PM
The hell are you reading this post for? Go get it and play it already.

MottZilla
01-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Is it as good as Dual Strike was? I liked Dual Strike but eventually moved onto other things.

Aegix Drakan
01-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Same as Mott. I did a chapter and a half of the story, made one map, played it a few times, but then moved on to other games.

punkonjunk1024
01-22-2008, 06:40 PM
all the advance wars games bored me about halfway through, but this one... is very, very different. The core gameplay is similar, but the story, the characters, the entire setting takes itself a lot more seriously, and it is so much fun. It's amazing compared to the others.

vegeta1215
01-22-2008, 07:45 PM
I own the first Advance Wars, and having played through it several times, can say it is easily one of the best games on the GBA. Advance Wars 2 didn't look as interesting to me since it looked like just more of the same. Plus, since you already know who the enemy is, it kind of takes the fun out of the story: the first was great because you didn't really know who the "big" enemy was who was pitting the armies against one another. Dual Strike looked like more of the same too.

I've been playing Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow lately. I picked it up because reviews touted it as the best handheld Castlevania to date, despite being not much different from the others. But, so far I am very bored with it. I kind of feel like I might be bored with Days of Ruin too since it doesn't expand on the formula much, although I like the change in art direction.

Aegix Drakan
01-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Wh-WHOA!

0_o This is incredible! The art direction is much nicer, The music is great, and the troops are MUCH more balanced.

They REALLY pull off the Post-apocalyptic theme well. ^_^ I like it.

...That being said... I need to take a bit of a break from the game. Mission 10 was intense. Took me 38 days to finish that misssion. That enemy was really an annoying son of a gun..

And once agian I curse my lack of WI-Fi. :( I want to play on-line, and share my maps... :P But even If I DID buy the USB adapter, then OTHER people would complain about my terrible dial up...

punkonjunk1024
02-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Dude, you live in america? If yes:
Try coffeeshops, hotels - specifically, americinn provides free wireless to it's customers. Just go have a seat in the lobby, wave to the front desk lady, and exit out the side door after a few hours. If they ask what room you are in, (which they won't) tell them you will call your mom or fiancee or whatever, pending your age, and find out because you don't remember, or just say you are meeting someone. Thats what I used to do to get my fill of wifi :P

Aegix Drakan
02-01-2008, 12:41 PM
...I live in Canada. I Quebec.

The most acessible Wi-fi is at my college, but it won't recognize the DS...