PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLII

Pineconn
01-21-2008, 02:17 PM
http://www.seatwave.com/FileStore/SEASON/IMAGE/super-bowl-xlii_001139_MainPicture.jpg

So who's going to win?

Honestly, had the Packers beaten the Giants, I think Favre would've had a chance to beat the Patriots, but I seriously doubt Eli Manning will be able to beat the powerhouse.

XMuppetSB
01-21-2008, 02:57 PM
I'd go with the New England Patriots, because first of all, they're undefeated. Second of all, they have clinched home field advantage.
(And I was disappointed when the Giants beat the Packers in Overtime :mad:)

Pineconn
01-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Second of all, they have clinched home field advantage.

The Super Bowl is being played in Glendale, Arizona, so the "home field advantage" is irrelevant. But New England is still going to win.

Modus Ponens
01-21-2008, 05:06 PM
New England will win. They'll be buzzing from their so-far perfect year, and plus, they already beat the Giants at the end of the regular season. Either way, though, it's going to be a great game.

It should be known that this is the first year of my life that I have been able to make any kind of Super Bowl prediction with any confidence at all, since I just got into football earlier this season.

MrCow
01-21-2008, 06:25 PM
19-0 baby best team ever... here we come:)
<3 my boys

Russ
01-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Patriots are going to win. I want the Giants to win, but I pretty sure they're not going to.

moocow
01-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Pats are gonna win, hands down. I don't think it'll even be close. I really wanted to see my Packers go, but what are ya gonna do, right? They came close, and that's awesome. I don't think they would've won the Super Bowl anyhow.. The Pats are in it to win it. Fo sho.

MasterSwordUltima
01-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Pats are gonna win, hands down. I don't think it'll even be close. I really wanted to see my Packers go, but what are ya gonna do, right? They came close, and that's awesome. I don't think they would've won the Super Bowl anyhow.. The Pats are in it to win it. Fo sho.

Masamune is going to win the Super Bowl? :O

moocow
01-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Masamune is going to win the Super Bowl? :O

Yes.

Pineconn
01-21-2008, 11:35 PM
Oh, I get it. Masamune's first name is Pat.

Anyway. I honestly don't want the Patriots to win... but I want the AFC team to win. I don't want to see a cheating coach to win... but it'd be interesting to have a 19-0 team.

Oh well, bring on the Super Bowl commercials!

Russ
01-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Oh well, bring on the Super Bowl commercials!
Speaking of which, do you know 7% of the U.S. watches the Super Bowl just to see the commercials? I love the commercials.

MrCow
01-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Oh cut me a break. Every coach has cheated one way or another, pats just got caught doing it. I'm so tired of the cheating line. THE CHARGERS DIDN'T FILL OUT THEIR INJURY REPORT CORRECTLY, AGAINST LEAGUE RULES, THEY CHEAT. Pats just win and they get all the criticism. so annoying.

Pineconn
01-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Oh cut me a break. Every coach has cheated one way or another, pats just got caught doing it. I'm so tired of the cheating line. THE CHARGERS DIDN'T FILL OUT THEIR INJURY REPORT CORRECTLY, AGAINST LEAGUE RULES, THEY CHEAT. Pats just win and they get all the criticism. so annoying.

I never criticized or accused the Patriots for cheating. They're an excellent football team, quite possibly the best in the 42 years of the NFL. I just don't have much respect for the coach for resorting to videotaping play calls (though it is very obvious that he never had to do this, as Patriots > Jets teh b1g). And I'm sure that many more coaches do indeed cheat, but they don't get caught, do they? ;)

Mmm, Super Bowl commercials. :eat:

Masamune
01-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Yes.

Rock on.

Toolie
01-22-2008, 02:06 AM
If the Giants win (my team) then I must run about twelve blocks in whitey-tighties with dunkaroos and lunchables (lil' Eli's favorite) in my hand. I signed a contract today to make it official.

phattonez
01-22-2008, 02:09 AM
Wouldn't it be great if their first loss this year was in the Superbowl?

Gleeok
01-22-2008, 05:48 AM
Pats all the way. ;)

Lets face it; offensive, defensive, special teams, and coaching wise, this is the best team in the league. Seriously, I bet the punt kicker for NE spent the season watching TV eating beer nuts. I'm not a Patriots fan, but look at their post season win and red-zone scoring percentage, and thier injured roster. I just don't see the Giants winning the Time of possesion battle at all either.

But it is the superbowl, anything can happen!

moocow
01-22-2008, 08:11 AM
Wouldn't it be great if their first loss this year was in the Superbowl?

I'd find that fucking hilarious, and I like the Patriots... lol.

AlexMax
01-22-2008, 10:32 AM
"Oh my god! Brady's leg... Oh my god his leg... It's... Oh my god, Matt Light just fell on his leg and oh my god. I can't bear to look. This is worse than Theissman, his career is over. Oh god."

Icey
01-22-2008, 09:52 PM
I sure hope the Patriots lose, because I dislike them and also think it would be pretty damn funny if their first and only loss occurred in the Super Bowl. However, I think it's incredibly unlikely... so I voted for the Patriots to win.

erm2003
01-22-2008, 09:56 PM
The Patriots are a scoring machine. I don't really seem them slowing down at this point. I am picking them to win the Super Bowl, even if I don't want to see it happen. I don't think the Giants can continue playing as well as they have.

I really wish the Packers would have beaten the Giants. I think the Packers would have been a good challenge for the Patriots and may have had a chance at beating them.

phattonez
01-22-2008, 10:16 PM
I don't watch much football, and I was watching the end of the Packers-Giants game and the Packers just looked terrible. The Giants were all over them at the end.

ctrl-alt-delete
01-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Giants-I fucking hate because they eliminated Dallas.

Patriots-I fucking hate for every reason you could think of. Before anyone asks, yes, I hate the Patriots because my front yard has very little grass, and because I am sitting next to a leaf on my tile floor that someone let blow into my house.

FTW? Super bowl commercials. Dallas, there is always next year.

Glitch
01-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Fuck the Pats.

Pineconn
01-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Does anyone else think that Tom Brady is putting on a "sprained ankle" act to receive publicity or something to that extent? It really seems out of place/fishy.

Icey
01-25-2008, 07:44 PM
No. I think the media is desperate for something to write stories about so they chose something like Tom Brady's boot, which for all we know could be irrelevant.

Master Ghaleon
01-26-2008, 11:27 AM
I hate both of the teams but the pats will win it.

Russ
01-26-2008, 03:45 PM
I sure hope the Patriots don't win, but I have a bad feeling they're going to.

Pineconn
02-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha yes!!!

What a great ending to a Super Bowl!

phattonez
02-03-2008, 11:09 PM
This is the sign, baseball season is finally coming back!

moocow
02-03-2008, 11:10 PM
If the Giants win (my team) then I must run about twelve blocks in whitey-tighties with dunkaroos and lunchables (lil' Eli's favorite) in my hand. I signed a contract today to make it official.

Make sure you take pictures and post them immediately.

This is the first thing I thought of. HAhahaha

Pineconn
02-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Lol, I was just about to quote that. :D

I still can't believe the Giants could do it. Wow.

erm2003
02-03-2008, 11:25 PM
That was a great game. I am really glad to see the Giants do what I didn't think they could... their defense was just amazing all game. If you put that much pressure on the quarterback, things are bound to go your way. Congrats Giants!

XMuppetSB
02-03-2008, 11:40 PM
I was highly disappointed to see the Patriots get their asses kicked by the Giants... :thumbsdn: Seriously, the Patriots greatest winning streak was ruined by their 3 point loss to the Giants in Super Bowl XLII! :angry:

The_Amaster
02-04-2008, 12:05 AM
Eh, I'm still bummed out that the Packers got knocked out. That game was frustrating.

But hey, if I had to pick a team, I'd go with the Giants, and it's great to see they won!

moocow
02-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Eh, I'm still bummed out that the Packers got knocked out. That game was frustrating.

Agreed.

I honestly wanted the Pats to win. I like them. However, I just thought it'd be hilarious if their only loss this season was the Super Bowl. My mom got mad at me for saying that and threw socks at my head when the Giants got their last touchdown... hahaha.

ValdostaElf
02-04-2008, 12:19 AM
The best thing about the Super Bowl is that spring training is just around the corner..and I get to go down and cover some teams..getting paid to watch baseball...mmm sounds delicious...Congrats to the Giants and to the '72 Dolphins.

Russ
02-04-2008, 03:20 PM
I cannot believe the Giants won. But I am so glad they did!

Brasel
02-04-2008, 03:28 PM
How was that run, Toolie?

MrCow
02-04-2008, 04:05 PM
I'm upset the pats lost, but in retrospect its all meaningless. With war and foreclosure and a failing economy sports are pretty much of the utmost SUCK. players making millions of dollars to play a game. And 12 days from now, actually 11 days 20 hours 55 minutes.... pitchers and catchers report!

deathbyhokie
02-04-2008, 05:51 PM
I was highly disappointed to see the Patriots get their asses kicked by the Giants... :thumbsdn: Seriously, the Patriots greatest winning streak was ruined by their 3 point loss to the Giants in Super Bowl XLII! :angry:

As opposed to the first game against the giants where their winning streak continued by 3 points?

It doesn't matter how close the game was, they lost.

Toolie
02-05-2008, 12:53 AM
There must be YouTube videos of what happened last night.

MasterSwordUltima
02-05-2008, 12:55 AM
OH OH OH...ahem...

...the Superbowl is gay, the Superbowl is gay...

[/Andy Milinokis] Oh come on, somebody had to do it.