PDA

View Full Version : Maximum string number?

CastChaos
01-21-2008, 11:10 AM
I there a maximum string number in 2.10, and if yes, how many?
Just because my quest is at 60-70% completion, but I already have about 1100 strings.

Joe123
01-21-2008, 12:57 PM
I've asked this question before, aswell as having seen it been asked by a few people since, and from what I've seen from that, there is an upper string limit, but it won't affect you.

I think it'd also be 2^something, and the next one after 1024 is 2048, which is significantly higher than you have already.
I'm not certain on that though.

Pineconn
01-21-2008, 08:36 PM
1100 strings? God, that's worse than a Paper Mario game!

Though, actually, that's a good thing. I do like a ZC quest with lots of dialogue.

Russ
01-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Only 1100 strings!? Come on CC. You can do better than that. More talking is needed!

umbrello
01-21-2008, 11:57 PM
lol... i hate dialogue... too much of it makes me stop playing sometimes... my quest won't have more than 30-50 strings.

Russ
01-22-2008, 12:45 AM
lol... i hate dialogue... too much of it makes me stop playing sometimes... my quest won't have more than 30-50 strings.
I love dialogue. The way I see it, there are two types of quests. The first is the classic quest, one with a basic save Zelda from Ganon storyline, which has minimum talking done by NPCs, and the advanced quest, which has an advanced storyline, and many strings to explain backstory, as well as long dialogues. Personally, I like the advanced type better. Good storyline = good quest.

_L_
01-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Someone among us should make a parody quest entitled "Filibuster of the Gods."

Pineconn
01-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Lol. I don't want to make a quest with 24 hours of straight dialogue, though. :D

_L_, would you happen to know if there is a maximum number of strings?

bluedeath
01-23-2008, 03:12 PM

You seem very lazy, you need more patients.

Russ
01-23-2008, 03:22 PM
You seem very lazy, you need more patients.
I woldn't say lazy. Unwilling to read, maybe, but not lazy.

Joe123
01-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Why are you expecting a newbie to have lots of dialogue in a quest?

Lots of dialoge == better quest.

No-one starts out good, it takes practice.

Russ
01-23-2008, 05:00 PM
No-one starts out good, it takes practise.
I'm on my first quest and I already have tons of dialoge planned out.

Joe123
01-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Pffft.

Well you can't expect everyone to do a Shoelace.

Russ
01-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Pffft.

Well you can't expect everyone to do a Shoelace.
*Whistles*. Would you call a large, storyline based quest with massive sized overworlds areas a Shoelace?

Pineconn
01-23-2008, 07:36 PM
No-one starts out good, it takes practise.

I'm on my first quest and I already have tons of dialoge planned out.

Y'alls is good spellors. :D

Joe123
01-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Damn, I usually take pride in my spelling and grammar around here.

Also, yes Russ, that sounds like you're trying for a Shoelace =P

CastChaos
01-25-2008, 05:59 PM
*sigh*

This is a question that developers could answer as easily as easily I could tell the name of my quest's main characters... And theoretically all of the developers are very frequent here at AGN... Yet all I get is one single developer who doesn't even answers, just takes part in the offtopicness...

You know, I don't want ZQuest crash when I add my 2049th string and I don't want my first strings get automatically deleted to give space for the new ones...

I will have about 2500-2800 strings in my quest, because...
1. Intro story is long, plus as you advance in the game, you will be told the intro again and again, except that it gets longer (and more accurate) each time.
2. There's insanely many things to do between dungeons.
3. At most secret places, there are at least a few strings.
4. There are extra strings featured, like OoT style boss intros.

Plus, I can't be frequent here, because every page's loading time is over three minutes each for me... I was told it's normal, but I know it's not the same for everybody...

Russ
01-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Y'alls is good spellors. :D

Spelling is my worst school subject.

*sigh*

This is a question that developers could answer as easily as easily I could tell the name of my quest's main characters... And theoretically all of the developers are very frequent here at AGN... Yet all I get is one single developer who doesn't even answers, just takes part in the offtopicness...

That's just _L_. You got to love _L_. He always gives us awesome features, but he gives really mysterious answers sometimes.

Plus, I can't be frequent here, because every page's loading time is over three minutes each for me... I was told it's normal, but I know it's not the same for everybody...

That's strange. The pages here load instantly for me, but take a while at Pure ZC. I wonder what is the cause of it.