PDA

View Full Version : Please help a noob(me)

sauSAGE Link
01-20-2008, 08:09 PM
First let me say that I was fortunate to have played TLOZ when it came out in the 80's. It's an awesome game and still holds up today(obviously). I stopped all my other projects when i recently discovered ZC. I have been reading a lot and everything is going pretty good with my ZC project.

My problem: Warp tiles. Here's the sitch-room has a stair tile with blocks around it. Push block combo to move block to gain access to stair. When that happens, stair disappears, and is replaced with grey tile=no warp. If you decide to answer, please reply step by step how you would make this situation work.

Also-could someone go over the icons at bottom of screen? I know the last one is flags, first one is item placement, green box is for start position on Dmap, but is it used for something else? Blue box for start position when returning to screen(i think). Stairs IDK(warps?)

BTW im using 2.10 on XP

Pineconn
01-20-2008, 08:31 PM
You probably have a flag on the stairs. To get rid of it, press F8, select "0 (None)", and get rid of the flag.

The first icon places items, the second icon makes stairs appear (though I never use it), the third icon sets where Link appears when he warps, the fourth icon sets starting position on a screen and where Link appears on a screen when the whistle warps you to it, and the last is, of course, the flags.

The_Amaster
01-20-2008, 08:47 PM
The grey square sounds like a blank undercombo. I don't remember exactly how to set up stairs like that because I stopped using them a long time ago. (Secret Combos FTW) but I think Alphadawg's Tutorial covers it in depth.

Joe123
01-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Some methods of doing things are so archaic.

Stairs combos, Entrance/Exit warps.

Makes you wonder why they even did it like that in the first place.

sauSAGE Link
01-20-2008, 09:59 PM
:highfive:Apparently I put a make stairs appear on top of stairs tile(I thought stairs icon was just an icon). Works good now! Working on boss room and triforce room. Thanks for the fast reply erbody!

Pineconn
01-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Yeah, I was going to suggest that if there was no flag on top of the stairs.