PDA

View Full Version : Brawl's Delayed Again (In the mean time...SPOILERS INSIDE!)

Din
01-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Are you looking forward to February 10th, because Brawl will be on shelves? Unfortunately, at the very beginning of the Brawl update page, where the previous push was mentioned, Brawl has been delayed again. The release date has been pushed to March 9th, a Sunday. It isn't that big a difference though, should be fun when it comes out. This can be good or bad, even more updates, but we have to wait longer, what do you guys think?

Source: www.smashbros.com (http://www.smashbros.com)

Breaker
01-20-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm hoping for another new character. I think Japan will be getting it at the end of February, so atleast we won't have to wait until March before finding out who's on the roster.

Russ
01-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Dang it! I cannot believe they delayed again! This is so frustrating!

Icey
01-20-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm not happy that it's delayed, but I'd rather it was delayed and perfected rather than rushed and flawed. After all, once it's released, the game is what it is - the flaws remain forever. Whereas delays are temporary.

Note that the preceeding does not apply to Duke Nukem Forever...

The_Amaster
01-20-2008, 07:14 PM
*deep breathes*
Okay
*forced grin*
Yes... I...am...sure...that thereisaverygoodreasonforthedelay....

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
*runs off screaming*

Mitsukara
01-20-2008, 09:45 PM
After Wind Waker, I never complain when Nintendo delays anything.

Then again, it helps when I'm always slightly too poor to actually keep up with new releases on their release date, too (also to own the present consoles myself within 3 years of their release) XD

*ducks and runs*

The_Amaster
01-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Then again, it helps when I'm always slightly too poor to actually keep up with new releases on their release date, too (also to own the present consoles myself within 3 years of their release) XD

Yeah, I'm usually like that as well. Most games I pick up a few months/years after release when I happen to have the money.The fact that I actually pre-ordered this game will tell you how obsessed I am with it. I need this game.

Aegix Drakan
01-20-2008, 10:10 PM
*Laughs, and pats Amaster consolingly on the head*

In my opinion, they can take as long s they want to, in order to make this game (as long as it's released within this year). After all, I want this game to be absolute gaming nirvana.

But I'm also a bit annoyed at the delays. I want the game too!

...And dont' fele bad about not having the console right after it's made. I have an INFAMOUS track recod with consoles. I.E. As soon as I get it, it becomes obsolete, or I get it when it's obsolete.

Snes: A year after I got it, the 64 comes out.
64: Bought it from my friend when he bought his Cube
Gamecube: Wii came out a little less than a year later.

The Wii will be the first system I get before it dies.

Or maybe I'm cursed, and the week after I get my Wii, Nintendo's next console will be announced for february of next year...

ShadowTiger
01-20-2008, 10:18 PM
That's usually the case with me as well. I'm usually at least one generation behind par. At one point, I was like, .. three generations behind par, if not more. I caught up with the 'cube, and now I bought a Wii this past July. Its sole purpose is for Brawl. (And the internet channel.) I've said it before and I'll certainly say it again, I am a Wii Virgin. My first Wii game will be Brawl, and I shall barely require any other game for many many months thereafter. I will be on Brawl nearly every night, happy to accept a match from anybody who would like one. I'll be sitting fairly comfortably in bed with a controller in hand. None shall dislodge me save for an unstable connection. (Which I fear might not be out of the question.)

I don't mind a delay. If it means a better game, they can take all the delays they want. :shrug:

I sort of think of it like eating at a restaurant. The more time you have to look forward to it, the juicier it'll be. Once it's all been said and done, most of the magic is gone, and you're left with a partial husk. Even SSBM has lost a bit of its magic over the many years we've been playing it. Were it not for its easy transportability and such, ... ... well I don't know what I would have done or what the future would've held. The moment you bite into that dinner, some of the magic is lost, because you don't have to wait any more. Once you're done eating, you've got nothing left to wait for and no magnificent glimmer in the near future.

I like that glimmer.

DarkFlameWolf
01-21-2008, 08:29 AM
wow, that was poetic ST.

vegeta1215
01-21-2008, 12:38 PM
With the addition of Olimar, they have a nice even amount of characters: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/index.html. I'm surprised Captain Falcon and Ganondorf aren't on the list though. Maybe they'll still be added since there don't see to be as many heavy characters like them. Plus there are two Kirby bad guys - do you think they'll have TWO Kirby bad guys and no Zelda bad guy?

I don't mind the delay - I'd rather let them take some more time to polish the game and get the bugs out.

Nimono
01-21-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm just shrugging this delay off. I don't care WHEN it comes out, so long as it DOES. I'll GLADY wait even 10 years for Brawl, if it means Brawl will come out. The only thing I'd freak out over is if I NEVER got it due to a lack of money. D: But eh. Like THAT'D happen. I'll most likely get it eith 1 or 2 months after it comes out. It all depends on when I move, which will *hopefully* be in *cue dramatic music* March. Sigh... Oh well. I'm looking forward to this game as much as you guys. Maybe.

Oh, and by the way, it REALLY annoys me when people find out Brawl's been delayed, and they freak out as if it's the end of the world or something....like there's absolutely nothing else in this world that matters. >_> *looks at russadwan and Amaster42* (Not saying you annoy me, just saying that's the kind of stuff that does. Except with more "sdufgjdgfdnfbgjdht".)

The_Amaster
01-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Oh, I'm not freaking out or anything. Just mad and frustrated.

(Just to be technical, Meta-Knight is more of an anti-hero and/or rival than villain. Kirby fanboyism)

Yoshiman
01-21-2008, 04:00 PM
I don't mind the delay. As far as my situation goes, it gives me more time to find the damn system first. :p

On a related note, some characters have been leaked through a screenshot, (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/21/nintendo-accidentally-confirms-lucario-ness-jigglypuff-for-bra/) those characters being (not officially confirmed) Jigglypuff, Ness, and Lucario. Several doubters stick to the belief that it isn't Ness, but the Pokemon Trainer, despite the fact that the icons are completely different. Plus Nintendo whited out the official movie, so they must've been hiding something.

MottZilla
01-21-2008, 04:06 PM
You know if you wait you might even pay less for the system. By late this year PS3 price cuts are expected because of falling Blu-ray costs which will probably cause price drops from MS and Nintendo. Really, the Wii can't stay at $250 much longer. Esspecially with the 360 at 270$. If that doesn't already make it obvious you are getting screwwed I don't know what will.

I did hear a neat rumor recently though. They say Factor 5 is back to work on the GameCube.. er Wii again. ;) And they say they are making a Kid Icarus game. That would be pretty neat.

Edit: And now there are atleast somewhat credible rumors that we may see a PS3 price cut within the next few weeks. If that's true I can imagine the Wii would have to be close behind. Cause 250$ for a Wii versus 300$ for a PS3?

Warlock
01-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Ugg, I don't want Factor 5 to have anything to do with the next Kid Icarus game.

Seriously, Factor 5 sucks. They had one good series - Rogue Squadran - that they ran into the ground and then blamed Nintendo for their game being shit. Then they leave Nintendo only to make another shitty game and *surprise*, now they're back. Hahaha.

So yeah, they can do whatever they want - just don't touch crap that I might want to otherwise play :P

MottZilla
01-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Well, from what I've seen Factor 5 is great at the technical aspects. But they don't always do the best with gameplay/ideas. Rogue Squadron was awesome, just the last one on GC was bogged down by poorly thought out ground/foot missions.

AlexMax
01-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Re: Smash brothers brawl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxY8yQRJW08

Ugg, I don't want Factor 5 to have anything to do with the next Kid Icarus game.

Seriously, Factor 5 sucks. They had one good series - Rogue Squadran - that they ran into the ground and then blamed Nintendo for their game being shit. Then they leave Nintendo only to make another shitty game and *surprise*, now they're back. Hahaha.

So yeah, they can do whatever they want - just don't touch crap that I might want to otherwise play :P

Factor 5 ported Turrican 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYamOeQWLNg) to the Amiga, which automatically makes them exempt from any criticism, ever.

mrz84
01-22-2008, 04:53 PM
As much as the delay ticks me off, this gives me more time to save up for a Wii and Brawl. Plues, after checking the Dojo for the 1st time since October (when I last used the internet no thanks to my phone company) I am surprised to see who's on the line-up now. And a stage editor? That's sweet. :kitty:

vegeta1215
01-22-2008, 07:50 PM
You know if you wait you might even pay less for the system. By late this year PS3 price cuts are expected because of falling Blu-ray costs which will probably cause price drops from MS and Nintendo. Really, the Wii can't stay at $250 much longer. Esspecially with the 360 at 270$. If that doesn't already make it obvious you are getting screwwed I don't know what will.

The Wii is still selling out everywhere - Nintendo is not going to lower the price anytime soon. They're not stupid.

Russ
01-22-2008, 07:55 PM
They're not stupid.
I wouldn't be so sure...

MottZilla
01-22-2008, 08:06 PM
You don't think that Wii sales will slow down once the Playstation hits 300$? You do realize, the Wii trend (of sell outs) is running out of steam.

AlexMax
01-22-2008, 10:43 PM
You don't think that Wii sales will slow down once the Playstation hits 300$? You do realize, the Wii trend (of sell outs) is running out of steam.

Imagine you're 12 years old and you woke up on christmas morning 2007, all excited to see what Santa left you under the tree. You see it immediatly, a huge box wrapped in thin wrapping paper, as excited as you have ever been in you life, and you excitedly tear away the packagaing...

and you find a PS3 buried in the wrapping paper instead of a 360 or a Wii.

Think about it. You would seriously be the most depressed kid ever. All your friends would have gotten Wii's and 360's are playing Super Mario Galaxy and Halo 3 and actually having fun with their game consoles. Meanwhile, you're sitting in front of the TV watching Ratatouille for the 5th time (except this time it's in HD) trying to fight back bitter, bitter tears of disappointment.

Do you have no soul? Do you hate video games? Do you hate 12 year old kids? Do you?

Aegix Drakan
01-22-2008, 11:09 PM
You do realize, the Wii trend (of sell outs) is running out of steam.

I hope it slows down just a little. I don't want to have to camp out in front of Toys R us at 4 in the morning at 25 below to get a Wii.

I want one, but I'm not willing to get frostbite for it.

And Alexmax makes a good point. There's not too much point in getting a PS3 at the moment, seeing as how there aren't that many good games for it.

Warlock
01-23-2008, 12:00 AM
You do realize, the Wii trend (of sell outs) is running out of steam.

That's what they said a year ago :P

Russ
01-23-2008, 01:12 AM
That's what they said a year ago :P
And that's what they will say a year from now.

Gerudo
01-23-2008, 09:53 AM
I must say I was really disappointed when I heard about the delay. However, at least it's only a month. Remember, some games get pushed back several months to A YEAR OR MORE. So lets just be happy its not too much of a delay. :D

MasterSwordUltima
01-23-2008, 10:28 AM
And Alexmax makes a good point. There's not too much point in getting a PS3 at the moment, seeing as how there aren't that many good games for it.

I dunno, that whole PS3 grill thing is pretty rad.

Also, as far as information-wise about Brawl, no biggie. Its still getting released in Japan in a handful of days, so all the l33t haxx0rz with sour cream and onion modchips will just overload gamefaqs with info. Then everyone will be like "Why the fuck is there a Twisted Metal trophy?" or whatever.

Also, March 9th is a Sunday. I don't work Sundays or Mondays. I win. [actually I won back when I reserved this badboy, but still]

punkonjunk1024
01-23-2008, 02:25 PM
I did hear a neat rumor recently though. They say Factor 5 is back to work on the GameCube.. er Wii again. ;) And they say they are making a Kid Icarus game. That would be pretty neat.

Well thats it, I came. Source?

MottZilla
01-23-2008, 03:38 PM
While I agree I think the 360 is the better platform, you can't deny there is a huge Playstation fanboy group. They still want PS3 but can't yet afford it. Really guys, I'm not kidding, there ARE games to PLAY on PS3. Now I know none of you would know that, but trust me there are.

With Wii, you can't possibly think the sell-outs will continue for a full year or more from now. What does Wii have coming that's going to be so amazing this year? The only games I'm aware of are Mario Kart and SSBB that are anywhere soon. Really, when the price gap closes things should change. Or when the people that all wanted Wiis get them, or the people that are buying them for ebay stop getting enough profit from selling them.

The bubble will burst at some point.

Russ
01-23-2008, 03:49 PM
With Wii, you can't possibly think the sell-outs will continue for a full year or more from now. What does Wii have coming that's going to be so amazing this year? The only games I'm aware of are Mario Kart and SSBB that are anywhere soon. Really, when the price gap closes things should change. Or when the people that all wanted Wiis get them, or the people that are buying them for ebay stop getting enough profit from selling them.

Mario Kart? They're making a Mario Kart for the Wii? I have to get that game!

MottZilla
01-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Why wouldn't they be making Mario Kart? :p I know I've seen news about it being in development, but really it was a given. Mario Kart is a hugely successful series for Nintendo.

Russ
01-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Why wouldn't they be making Mario Kart? :p I know I've seen news about it being in development, but really it was a given. Mario Kart is a hugely successful series for Nintendo.
True. I just didn't know they were making one.

MasterSwordUltima
01-23-2008, 06:43 PM
So what all games are there to play on PS3? Other than DMC4 and MGS4, I'm really not interested in it at all [unless you we talk about the grill].

I'm not going to buy a PS3 just to try out a new game either. If I've never played it, the only way I can play it is if I either rent it or buy it. Of course that means I'll need to buy a PS3 as well, just to see if I may enjoy a game. No thanks. Sure I could stop by gametrailers, but that doesn't let me play the game.

vegeta1215
01-23-2008, 07:28 PM
If Wii Fit takes off here like it has in Japan, the Wii might sell out for another year. Plus, as good as Mario and Metroid are (the two big games from Nintendo for 2007), Smash Bros and Mario Kart are even bigger.

Russ
01-23-2008, 07:32 PM
You know what AGN needs? A Smash Bros. Brawl tournament! We should have one after it comes out. If it ever does.

MottZilla
01-23-2008, 09:11 PM
I think that sort of idea has been tried before but fails to work. There's never really enough people here to pull together a tournament.

erm2003
01-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Well this may be a lot easier to do with the new Smash Bros. game. As long as everyone adds any friend codes we post here, all we have to do is name a time and we can try to set it up. I know I would love to participate!

Russ
01-23-2008, 09:23 PM
I think that sort of idea has been tried before but fails to work. There's never really enough people here to pull together a tournament.
Dang. It would be fun.

Wait, this is post 999! I only need one more!

Aegix Drakan
01-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Really guys, I'm not kidding, there ARE games to PLAY on PS3. Now I know none of you would know that, but trust me there are.

Or when the people that all wanted Wiis get them, or the people that are buying them for ebay stop getting enough profit from selling them.

Point 1: I'm sure there ARE good games for the PS3. But I haven't really heard of that many (well...I guess I just don't keep current with the PS3 stuff).

Point 2: I'm sure Demand will slow down eventually. I mean, You can't ALWAYS have a buyer! That being said, I hope it does slow down a LITTLE bit so my options aren't limited to: a) No Wii or b) Camp outside at -25 degrees at 4 am.

And if there ever is a smash tourney on AGN, I hope I will have moved out, and have High speed internet. >_> If I DID go online with my current connection..., I'd be booted in less than a minute, and no one would face me in anything, due to the TERRIBLE lag I'd bring with my crappy Dial up.

Russ
01-23-2008, 09:44 PM
And if there ever is a smash tourney on AGN, I hope I will have moved out, and have High speed internet. >_> If I DID go online with my current connection..., I'd be booted in less than a minute, and no one would face me in anything, due to the TERRIBLE lag I'd bring with my crappy Dial up.
Lag=Good. That way, I could see what move you are about to peform, and do just the right move to counter it. And I could do it slowly at my own pace, since the game would be going so slowly.

MottZilla
01-24-2008, 01:05 AM
Did you hear Mario Strikers (the Soccer game) actually has online region locking? Apparently you can't play people overseas or something.

And lag doesn't work that way russadwan.

ShadowTiger
01-24-2008, 12:46 PM
I would be happy to engage in any SSB/M/B tournament that took place here. I already know exactly who I'll be and what my tactics will be, and possibly who I'll be facing and who they will be using.

Will we be using custom stages though? I'd love to put that stage idea I had into motion and share it with everyone.

Russ
01-24-2008, 12:56 PM
I would be happy to engage in any SSB/M/B tournament that took place here. I already know exactly who I'll be and what my tactics will be, and possibly who I'll be facing and who they will be using.

Will we be using custom stages though? I'd love to put that stage idea I had into motion and share it with everyone.
Custom stages would be neat. Maybe we could have a custom stage making tournament, and wichever one wins is the one the fighting tournament takes place on.

DarkFlameWolf
01-24-2008, 01:27 PM
or the top 3 who win.

MasterSwordUltima
01-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Wow, I'm actally a bit psyched for an AGN Brawl Tourny. Thats seriously awesome. Why don't we have more AGN online shit like this?

AlexMax
01-24-2008, 03:52 PM
So what all games are there to play on PS3? Other than DMC4 and MGS4, I'm really not interested in it at all [unless you we talk about the grill].

Actually, a demo for Devil May Cry 4 is out on the 360 marketplace. So that leaves Metal Gear Solid 4 and.....LittleBigPlanet?

Oh yeah, there was an interesting article on slacknews about a new FPS called Frontlines: Fuel of War. For those of you who have no idea what the game is, it's basically the first real game by the same group of people who created the Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942, a mod that was so awesome that some people bought copies of 1942 just to be able to play it.

Now, they were planning to come out with a Xbox 360, PS3 and PC version. However, THQ, their publisher, wanted them to can one of the versions for cost reasons. Can you guess which port they decided to drop? Yep, they decided to KEEP the PC version and drop the PS3 version. Considering that nothing without a Blizzard Logo on it has sold very well on the PC in years, this is a pretty telling response if they would rather push forward with a PC version instead of a PS3 version.

While I agree I think the 360 is the better platform, you can't deny there is a huge Playstation fanboy group.

I like how you used the singular form instead of plural. You mean the Sony Defense Force (http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/), one of the most ridiculous and delusional fanboy groups this side of the Ron Paulsies? I'm pretty sure that the webmaster originally created the website as a joke and decided to keep it when some fanboys with more time than sanity decided to take it seriously.

Nobodoy in their right mind would ever buy a PS3 based on anything except brand recognition or wanting a cheap blueray player. Everyone who bought one to play games is a sucker, plain and simple.

MottZilla
01-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Well like I said, I think the 360 (other than hardware dieing issues) is the better system. But PS3 has a special placement in this generation. All those japanese developers making next-gen games will be making them on the PS3 because the 360 is barely twitching in Japan. Perhaps that's Sony's few advantages. Bluray, and no competition in Japan for the next-gen market.

But things will change. Supposively Wii software hasn't moved near as well as hardware. I think it's a bad sign. And the PS3 isn't a complete turd, it's possible to make fun games on it too. Just look at the PS2. Once price isn't as much of an issue, and if they ever fix their "XMB" so you can have their equivilent of the Home button on Xbox in any game and such, it'll be better than it is now. And while it isn't as big of a market, Sony only has to share Japan with Nintendo.

I do agree though, buying a PS3 early on certainly was a bad move. But at the more reasonable 400$ it isn't as bad. But really 350$ or 300$ would be much better. And they should develop a software emulator for PS2 compatibility on the 40GB model which apparently is the only model BestBuy is carrying now. Atleast that's the rumor now.

vegeta1215
01-24-2008, 08:03 PM

We had a really fun Smash Bros Melee tournament at the 2005 AGN Con. It was myself (Link) and Goki (Roy) in the finale match. It was a great match, but Goki won out in the end.

In terms of Wii software sales, I don't think they're doing too bad: http://wii.ign.com/articles/847/847472p1.html

The_Amaster
01-24-2008, 09:43 PM
AGN Tourney? I'm in. Not sure weather to play with Meta Knight or Sonic as my main though. I'll try em out, see how they each feel.

(1800! 200 more)

MasterSwordUltima
01-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Why has this turned into a PS3 debate? Seriously, Brawl all the way.

I swear to god though, they had better let us play music off our SD cards [for local battles that is, one Wii]. They did it with Excite Truck and atleast one other game [can't think of it right now]. I'm not kidding when I say I want Dragonforce playing. Facepalm me all you want. That or Blind Guardian. Epic meter is off the scale.

Aegix Drakan
01-24-2008, 11:22 PM
mmm....Dragonforce playing in Brawl...Niiice...

^_^ *hums "prepare for war" under his breath*

Mitsukara
01-25-2008, 03:24 AM
Dragonforce is pretty nice, and I can see how that could work really well. (Personally my favorite is "Heart of a Dragon", but that's not much of a fight song).

I wasn't aware that technology existed, but that's pretty cool. I hope they put something like that in. However, I think it's at the very least cool that there's an option of stage music of some sort already confirmed for the game (a few different themes for each stage, as I understood it thirdhand?).

MasterSwordUltima
01-25-2008, 09:19 AM
Yeah, you can choose different music for each stage, kinda like how in Melee if you hold down L and R for some stages it plays different music. Except in Brawl, you can unlock new music for all the stages, and then choose which song plays when you pick the stage.

Russ
01-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Yeah, you can choose different music for each stage, kinda like how in Melee if you hold down L and R for some stages it plays different music. Except in Brawl, you can unlock new music for all the stages, and then choose which song plays when you pick the stage.
Are you serious? That's awesome!

punkonjunk1024
01-25-2008, 04:07 PM
I like how you used the singular form instead of plural. You mean the Sony Defense Force (http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/), one of the most ridiculous and delusional fanboy groups this side of the Ron Paulsies?

My roommate, a liberal, is convinced ron paul is so conservative, that he's actually liberal. My money is that he's seen all the damn signs and just jumped the band wagon. I live in wisconsin, and I swear to god, this fucking state loves his moron ass.

MasterSwordUltima
01-25-2008, 06:30 PM

You need to check the Smash Bros. Dojo more often. www.smashbros.com
Updated every weekday.

Pineconn
01-25-2008, 10:24 PM
[...] kinda like how in Melee if you hold down L and R for some stages it plays different music.

Say what? God, I need to boot up the ol' Melee and try this.

You need to check the Smash Bros. Dojo more often. www.smashbros.com
Updated every weekday.

...That is, if that site isn't blocked for him. ;)

Russ
01-25-2008, 10:36 PM
...That is, if that site isn't blocked for him. ;)
Thank goodness it's not!

Say what? God, I need to boot up the ol' Melee and try this.

Me too!

ShadowTiger
01-25-2008, 11:10 PM
It works with just R alone. Hold R before and during hitting A to enter the Stage, and it'll USUALLY select the alternate music.

In Brawl, you'll have a bunch of sliders you can slide around to choose the likeliness of which music piece (That you've unlocked; generally via CD item pickups mid-match.) rather than it just being a standard and an alternate. So if you want only one music to play, set one to 100% and the others to 0%. Obviously, this means that you can't be in a Melee situation where you can choose between one or the other. It's TOO much of a manual control in order that that would happen.

Oh. Sadly, they specifically mentioned that we will not be able to load custom music off of an SD card or anything to that effect. It saddens me too, I know. :-/

MottZilla
01-26-2008, 01:36 AM
We had a really fun Smash Bros Melee tournament at the 2005 AGN Con. It was myself (Link) and Goki (Roy) in the finale match. It was a great match, but Goki won out in the end.

In terms of Wii software sales, I don't think they're doing too bad: http://wii.ign.com/articles/847/847472p1.html

Tournaments work alot better when you have a large group of people in the same place. :p Doing it over the internet can be a pain to organize.

That's recent news about the Wii, and good news indeed. If the attach rate really is that high then I imagine Nintendo is quite happy. Still, I don't think the field will remain quite the same by the end of the year.

The_Amaster
01-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Doing it over the internet can be a pain to organize.
Actually, I had a good idea how to handle that...but I'll wait till Brawl comes out before we decide to do anything.

vegeta1215
01-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Nintendo talked about "Wii-makes" a while back, and we have seen several already such as RE4. I really think Nintendo will do a Wii-make for Luigi's Mansion on the Wii. Using the Wii-mote to aim the flashlight would work well, plus it'd be dirt cheap to do. Slow season mid year? Pop that and out and see how many casual gamers gobble it up. I know I'd buy it. I enjoyed the original a lot, and would love to play it again. (I never picked it up myself)

Dechipher
01-26-2008, 01:40 PM
I enjoyed Luigis Mansion quite a bit,b ut the second play through I couldn't finish. The game has a lot of charm and, surprisingly, nostalgia for me. I think having a Wii version would make me want to play it as well.

MasterSwordUltima
01-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Nintendo talked about "Wii-makes" a while back, and we have seen several already such as RE4. I really think Nintendo will do a Wii-make for Luigi's Mansion on the Wii. Using the Wii-mote to aim the flashlight would work well, plus it'd be dirt cheap to do. Slow season mid year? Pop that and out and see how many casual gamers gobble it up. I know I'd buy it. I enjoyed the original a lot, and would love to play it again. (I never picked it up myself)

What other "Wii-makes" are there? Honestly, RE4 is the only one I can think of [which I do own, btw]. Unless you count...what, Twilight Princess? Not that I don't support the idea of remakes.

Also, where is it confirmed that theres no SD card music? And whats stopping me from setting the music to 0%, sound effects to 100% in one of the two audio ports, while I plug in an mp3 player into the other? Eh, eh? See what I did there? ;)

Russ
01-26-2008, 04:44 PM
Also, where is it confirmed that theres no SD card music? And whats stopping me from setting the music to 0%, sound effects to 100% in one of the two audio ports, while I plug in an mp3 player into the other? Eh, eh? See what I did there? ;)
I like that idea. :thumbsup:

Dechipher
01-26-2008, 07:51 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29966.html

What do you guys make of this? A ploy, or an accidental leak of the character selection screen?

Pineconn
01-26-2008, 11:51 PM
You mean at 0:12? That definitely looks like a major leak (or just an even huger revelation)!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/brawl.png

Look at the third-to-last and the very last on the top row... Midna and the cel-shaded Young Link! Holy crap!

EDIT: It's fake. I think.

erm2003
01-27-2008, 12:27 AM
Too bad if it's a fake, there are some pretty cool characters I would like to try on there.

At any rate, there will be many surprises we won't know about anyway until they start playing it overseas. I am interested to see what hidden characters will be available. I am sure there will be plenty to be excited about once these are uncovered.

AlexMax
01-27-2008, 12:40 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29966.html

What do you guys make of this? A ploy, or an accidental leak of the character selection screen?

Considering the fact that nearly everything else in the trailer was a regurgitation of things people have been able to see on the smash bros website in video form, I'm willing to bet that it's a mockup.

The smart thing to do would be to reserve judgment until it's officially confirmed. However, I bet that Smashboards are exploding with nerd rage anyway, as if knowing who is in the game will make it come out any earlier.

Russ
01-27-2008, 01:23 AM
I'm guessing it's a fake. Too bad though. I really hope Young Link makes it into Brawl. But not the cell shaded one. The normal one.

Warlock
01-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Yes it's fake. You can't tell? It has friggin' concept art in there :P

Grasshopper
01-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Ashley in a Smash Bros game? 50 DPK minus to the person who mocked that up.

Mitsukara
01-28-2008, 09:57 AM
That'd be one bright, pink, generic menu for a Smash Bros. game.

Who's the Batman/Space Ghost looking fellow between Captain Falco and Ness?

Grasshopper
01-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Black Shadow

erm2003
01-29-2008, 06:41 AM
There is a video floating around youtube that has the Japanese introduction to Brawl. Ness and Marth are now confirmed to be back. You can can catch it here as well.

http://www.zentendo.com/news.php?newsId=715

Kairyu
01-29-2008, 03:53 PM
ISO leaked. Confirmed roster:
-=SPOILER=-
Source:
-=SPOILER=-

Aegix Drakan
01-29-2008, 09:07 PM
Oh gosh, you're Serious?

The leak is real? *doesn't highlight the spoilers*

Oh gosh...I'm not touching the Brawl boards on gamefaqs anymore. Knowing the idiots there, I would spoil myself.

...How did it get leaked?

Kairyu
01-29-2008, 10:27 PM
How do games always get leaked? Someone smuggles one home from the factory, an employee takes an extra DVD home one day, a reviewer makes a copy of a preview disk...

It's the Japenese version, obviously, but given how many shots and videos it's produced already, it'd be outright denial to assume it wasn't legit.

Final roster note:
-=SPOILER=-

Pineconn
01-29-2008, 11:35 PM
What makes that leak any better than the previous false one? And yeah, I liked the organization on the fake one 10 times better than the so-called real one (as it stands now -- it could very well be fake, too).

MasterSwordUltima
01-29-2008, 11:59 PM
The fact that there is a screenshot of the roster, which I've seen. I seriously doubt it was photoshopped too.

Kairyu
01-29-2008, 11:59 PM
Heh.
-=SPOILER=-
P.S. the words "the videos" are a link to one such video. I dunno if you can see it under spoiler tags so just click on it for proof.

EDIT: Mirau, screenshots aren't really proof. They're too easy to Photoshop. Now, a video of an actual round, with menu and results screen, and plenty of crazy animation and action and such... not quite so Photoshoppable.

MasterSwordUltima
01-30-2008, 12:11 AM
Well, the jap opening is out. It is pretty neat. Also, the screenshots with a certain character finding Snake in the box, and Snake goes !.

Pineconn
01-30-2008, 12:12 AM
Oh, that video definitely confirms it for me, Kairyu. :p And they can do the same thing they did in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!; that is, they could have unlockable characters that don't have [?] spaces set for them. I'm still praying for Midna.

-=SPOILER=-

Kairyu
01-30-2008, 12:21 AM
Videos with some more info on the less-covered newcomers:
-=SPOILER=-

Warlock
01-30-2008, 02:10 AM
http://kotaku.com/350347/super-smash-bros-brawl-leaks-turn-to-flood

Kairyu
01-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Final character confirmed (Unlocking this one displays an "All Characters Unlocked" message, apparently): (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H6uRcUADi8)
-=SPOILER=-

Dechipher
01-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Well. That finishes that.
I had heard that there were three third-party characters, but it appears I was mistaken.
I was hoping for more than 35...:/

Yoshiman
01-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Okay, most of this post is going to be spoiler-tagged, but oh well.

-=SPOILER=-

DarkDragoonX
01-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Well, all I know for certain is...

-=SPOILER=-

The_Amaster
01-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Well, I'm just happy to see that -=SPOILER=-

MasterSwordUltima
01-30-2008, 05:34 PM
-=SPOILER=-

Pineconn
01-30-2008, 06:02 PM
I really like how everyone complains that [insert character here] didn't make it into Brawl. There are a ton of characters, guys!

-=SPOILER=-

vegeta1215
01-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Geesh, spoiler-tag central. The news about Brawl's final character list is all over the web. If you don't want anything spoiled about this game, your only option is to stay away from the internet! :tongue:

I'm kind of bummed to find out that Zero Suit Samus is not a selectable character - you have to perform Samus' final smash to play as Zero Suit Samus. It's also kind of lame that Zelda can still transform into Sheik, even though OoT came out a decade ago! (though it's cool you can start out as Sheik by using the "change your costume color" option). I would've rather seen Midna as a character, where you can transform between her true form and her imp form. I was surprised at seeing R.O.B. and Young Link, and very surprised they kept Mr Game and Watch. The other characters "discovered" in the past few days, not so much. Hopefully the rest of them are not a bunch of clones, but I'm sure they are. (Captain Falcon <-> Ganondorf, Mario <-> Luigi, Ness <-> Lucas, Fox <-> Wolf, Young Link <-> Link, Marth <-> Ike) We'll see. Maybe I'm wrong.

Pineconn
01-30-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm sure the team did something to make each clone stand out from the other. For example, Luigi handled quite a bit differently than Mario in Melee. Toon Link, however, appears to be a Young Link, who was a clone of Link in the first place. But still, I'll take 4 Zelda (5 with Sheik) characters any day. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the line up.

Yoshiman
01-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Uh oh. Sounds like Nintendo may be pulling a Wii with SSBB. Not an official source, but something to look at (that's actually on topic. :p ).

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/nintendo-drasti.html

Mitsukara
01-30-2008, 10:41 PM
A gazillion versions of Link and no traditional, classic, Pre-OoT, LTTP/LA/Oracles/Zelda II/even Zelda 1 Link! Unless they have some kind of hidden extra outfits or something.

*grumbles*

I'm sure it'll probably be cool though. I'm still happy about Sonic ^^ Way past cool.

But Brawl will always lack one thing, have one weakness, when stacked against Melee...
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/images/drmarioinsulin-thumb.jpg

*makes a YTMND about it*

I was serious (http://smashbrosbrawloneweakness.ytmnd.com/), too. (beware of awful sound and general lameness)

Aegix Drakan
01-31-2008, 10:04 AM
*rolls eyes* Oh goody. Another shortage of something I want. Well, I hope that the delay IS so they can finish production.

...Oh, and a notice to all: The Dojo will now be revealing secret characters and levels.

And now...

*dives out of topic, makes note not to go on Dojo, and un-favourites the Gamefaqs Brawl boards*

ctrl-alt-delete
01-31-2008, 12:28 PM
If you have Gamefaqs in your favorites, you deserve to have the game ruined for you.

Pineconn
01-31-2008, 04:39 PM
...Oh, and a notice to all: The Dojo will now be revealing secret characters and levels.

From here on out, the Dojo will begin to introduce the hidden characters, hidden stages, and additional features in Brawl that have gone unmentioned until now.

Secret characters. Like ones we haven't seen yet?

erm2003
01-31-2008, 05:57 PM
Secret characters, like the ones they haven't shown yet. The characters that can be unlocked as you progress through the game.

Kairyu
02-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Video with everyone's FS in it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2HU_AJbx10Q&feature=user

-=SPOILER=-

Din
02-01-2008, 02:36 PM
-=SPOILER=-

Pineconn
02-01-2008, 02:51 PM
-=SPOILER=-

The_Amaster
02-01-2008, 02:59 PM
-=SPOILER=-

MottZilla
02-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Video with everyone's FS in it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2HU_AJbx10Q&feature=user

-=SPOILER=-

After seeing the video, I want to play it, but still I'd rather not pay 250$ for it. I hope they do what people suggested and unbundle Wii Sports to reduce price and sell it seperately. That or have a SSBB bundle instead. Chances are I'll wait for things to be cheaper.

Dechipher
02-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Maybe we should have a separate thread, with the title "Super Smash Brothers Brawl: Spoilers inside!" or something, so we don't have to worry about the spoiler tags?

Yoshiman
02-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Luigi's Final Smash is the best thing ever. XD

vegeta1215
02-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Maybe we should have a separate thread, with the title "Super Smash Brothers Brawl: Spoilers inside!" or something, so we don't have to worry about the spoiler tags?

How's that? (look at thread title)

jman2050
02-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Okay, I've listened to about 20 different songs from this game, and I can say that this is probably the best soundtrack for a video game of all time. I'm dead serious.

Dechipher
02-02-2008, 03:47 PM
I agree jman. It's pretty much like EVERY soundtrack for a video game.

I think if they had had some Final Fantasy additions in the SSB style, that would make it the best 'anything' ever.

Vegeta, thanks, that's much appreciated I'm sure.

Anthus
02-04-2008, 11:36 PM
The only bad thing about this delay is since we have to wait longer for the release, we have to wait through more pre-release crap before we get any word on other new Wii games. "Zelda Wii" anyone? Where's my Majora's Mask sequel? Mario Kart Wii? A new 3rd-person perspective Metroid?

But yeah, as Miyamoto said, A bad game is a bad game forever, a delayed game is delayed temporarily or some shit..

MottZilla
02-05-2008, 01:38 PM
What do you mean wait? It's already out in Japan. Not much they can hide from us now. I'd like to hear about Mario Kart for Wii, but I could certainly pass on Metroid unless it's classic metroid. I would like more StarFox, but I wouldn't want it all Wiied up. I'm sure Nintendo has other things going on, but you know how they are about keeping quiet.

AlexMax
02-06-2008, 03:01 AM
What do you mean wait? It's already out in Japan. Not much they can hide from us now. I'd like to hear about Mario Kart for Wii, but I could certainly pass on Metroid unless it's classic metroid. I would like more StarFox, but I wouldn't want it all Wiied up. I'm sure Nintendo has other things going on, but you know how they are about keeping quiet.

you know what i love doing?

buying the same game that I played a few years ago with a new plot and one or two worthless new features and better graphics

Kairyu
03-03-2008, 01:38 PM
THE ENGLISH VOICE ACTING
IT BURNSSSSSSSS
MAKE IT STOP
WHY GOD WHY

I swear to God, it's as bad as Megaman ZX Advent.

Dechipher
03-03-2008, 08:48 PM

buying the same game that I played a few years ago with a new plot and one or two worthless new features and better graphics

visiting forums no one wants me at and making myself feel superior by insulting whatever game they are discussing at the moment and then wanking to anime

Beldaran
03-03-2008, 09:13 PM
As someone who thinks Smash Brothers is a retarded game, I'm siding with Alexmax.

Dechipher
03-03-2008, 10:39 PM
As someone who thinks Smash Brothers is a retarded game, I'm siding with Alexmax.

That's cool that you dislike the game, and I appreciate that instead of trolling you are at least being a decent human being. I think SSB is a game that really shines when you have people to play it with, specifically a good group of friends. I played through Melee once on single player and that was fun. But when I play it, it's just with some friends, and it's a blast. I don't enjoy fighting games, generally, but I like some for thier nostalgia factor. Smash Brothers is one, the other is MK: Armageddon.

Like I said, I understand that people like what they like and dislike what they dislike, and I'm cool with that. I just find it petty and immature to act like an internet badass, especially when you actually go out of your way to do it.

Beldaran
03-03-2008, 11:11 PM

Like Half Life 2? Halo 3? Most Zelda Games? This description fits most games that come out.

Yoshiman
03-04-2008, 02:41 AM
THE ENGLISH VOICE ACTING
IT BURNSSSSSSSS
MAKE IT STOP
WHY GOD WHY

I swear to God, it's as bad as Megaman ZX Advent.
Oh come on, the English VA isn't that bad. We could've had the voice actors from Megaman 8. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=z-7T2N2AUyY&feature=related)

And at least Fox (and others) don't speak Engrish like they did in Melee (Me-SHUN comPREET!). Though a certain character talking with a Southern dialect was kind of unexpected. :p

Kairyu
03-04-2008, 10:38 AM
The Engrish was awesome. At least it was funny. This is just depressing. The heck did they do to my Lucario? By the end of it I half expected one of Meta Knight's quotes to be, "Kirby, I am your father!"

I miss SF64 now.