PDA

View Full Version : Call me a "Whistle Noob"...

umbrello
01-14-2008, 11:54 PM
I set up two whistle warp screens, made sure I had gone to both of them, and blew the whistle... nothing happened. I'm missing something obvious I suppose. Help me, please! Thank you!

Freedom
01-15-2008, 12:55 AM
You have to hold the triforce piece.

Russ
01-15-2008, 01:33 AM
Or to go more in depth on what Freedom said, for each wistle warp, you need the corisponding triforce piece. For instance, you need triforce piece one to go to wistle warp one.

umbrello
01-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Hmmm... that poses a problem... because my quest doesn't have a triforce. In fact, I'm trying to figure out what to do about the word "triforce" on the subscreen. I was thinking of putting "we're sorry, but this quest doesn't have a..." in place of the triforce grid. The only other thing I can think of is to make the triforce pieces on the subscreen invisible, as well as the triforce grid... then make the triforce pieces you collect look like something else and make the player collect them just to be able to warp to places... but that's annoying.

Joe123
01-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Call me a "Whistle Noob"...
You're a Whistle Noob!

Hehehe...

You could have the player start out with all the Triforce Pieces if you only wanted them for the Whistle Warps.

Or alternatively, you could use a newer version where you've got the Subscreen Editor.
Not that it's probably a good idea if you're just learning though.

Russ
01-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Hmmm... that poses a problem... because my quest doesn't have a triforce. In fact, I'm trying to figure out what to do about the word "triforce" on the subscreen. I was thinking of putting "we're sorry, but this quest doesn't have a..." in place of the triforce grid. The only other thing I can think of is to make the triforce pieces on the subscreen invisible, as well as the triforce grid... then make the triforce pieces you collect look like something else and make the player collect them just to be able to warp to places... but that's annoying.
If your quest doesn't use the triforce pieces, try this. Make the triforce pieces special optional "warping triangles" that you hide in caves or something like that. And make it so that whenever you find a triforce piece, you get acess to a nearby wistle warp point.

umbrello
01-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Well, you both gave me good ideas... I'm not sure which one I will do. I might scrap whistle warps altogether and just make warp points like in Dragon Quest (because I'm making a Dragon Quest game). I just thought it would be fun to blow the whistle and be picked up by a Wyvern (or "Chimera" as the newer games are calling it). Maybe I'll do both. I have some thinking to do.

umbrello
01-15-2008, 11:16 PM
okay... now I gave myself a triforce piece but it didn't really give me one. I tried it in "Init Data" and then I tried putting a triforce piece on the ground and picking it up and it STILL didn't give me one. What's up with that?

(I'm going to make a new thread for this topic because it's really a different issue than the one I started out with)