PDA

View Full Version : How to "beat" TF2

AlexMax
01-14-2008, 06:37 AM
Team Fortress 2 is a pretty good game. However, it's pretty tiring to play the same six maps over and over again, and eventually the number of retards on servers stretches you beyond your breaking point. This is generally when you start to try extracting as much fun from the game as you can in any way possible, usually on gimmick map or metamod servers.

However, once you've exhausted all of those ways of entertaining yourself, there is usually only one option left. That is to start greifing the fuck out of people. This might seem inconsiderate, but ten out of ten Ultima Online players agree, greifing is probably the most fun you can get out of any game, ever. The statistics don't lie.

Upon first glance, greifing might seem a little difficult at first, since the classic method of greifing your teammates, teamkilling, is impossible on most servers, due to Valve's removal of the friendly fire server variable. Thankfully, Valve seems to have overlooked many other ways of pissing off your teammates. All you need is a little creativity, and you'll be making entire servers bitch at you in no time. Once you have accomplished this, you can safely say that you have "beaten" the game.

Still stuck? These two videos should give you a few ideas.

Team Fortress 2 Griefing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPoKaoJu0m4)
More Team Fortress 2 Griefing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUPzN7tp7bQ)

Highlights:

* Building sentries under Gravel Pit
* The infinite staircase
* Teleport traps
* Quiz show doorway (must be seen to be believed)
* And more...

Enjoy!

Warlock
01-15-2008, 12:53 AM
I could never figure out what server I should actually play on, so I just gave up even trying :P They need servers for people who don't know what the hell they are doing :P

Nicholas Steel
01-15-2008, 01:45 AM
eh, youtube sux, half there movies never load properly and you can watch like the first minute and that it stops. it stops completely. no internet activity and no buffering.

Cloral
01-15-2008, 01:50 PM
eh, youtube sux, half there movies never load properly and you can watch like the first minute and that it stops. it stops completely. no internet activity and no buffering.

I think there's something wrong with your internet connection. I've never had any problems watching videos from there, and both of the above videos played perfectly fine all the way through for me.

Warlock
01-15-2008, 08:40 PM
I think there's something wrong with your internet connection. I've never had any problems watching videos from there, and both of the above videos played perfectly fine all the way through for me.

Ditto

rock_nog
02-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Teleporter traps - never in the history of gaming have I ever felt such a strong desire to have team-kill on.

AtmaWeapon
02-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Ahahaha I wasn't going to play that game but I think this weekend I'm going to fire it up.

AlexMax
02-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Teleporter traps - never in the history of gaming have I ever felt such a strong desire to have team-kill on.

Funny story, a server I used to play on had a whitelist where if you were on that whitelist, you could teamkill people who weren't on the whitelist with impunity.

Since I was on the whitelist, it was probably the most fun I ever got out of TF2. Unfortunately, even that eventually got boring, and they changed the server back to CS:S so I no longer play TF2.

Beldaran
02-13-2008, 09:17 PM
The best part was after he sprayed one of the "inappropriate sprays" and the other guy said "Man, you gotta eat to take a shit like that."

I laughed.