PDA

View Full Version : Bullshit!

phattonez
01-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Is there a better show? Even if you disagree with some of their episodes, I can't get enough of it. I've been addicted now and so far I've watched about 4 hours. A lot of these episodes are on YouTube now so start watching. I especially like their PETA episode, bottled water half-episode, and GMF (genetically modified foods) show.

MasterSwordUltima
01-13-2008, 10:10 PM
What the fuckheck are you talking about?

phattonez
01-13-2008, 11:31 PM
The show is called Bullshit! It's on Showtime and the hosts are Penn & Teller.

bluedeath
01-14-2008, 11:31 AM
...What is this show about?

Breaker
01-14-2008, 12:04 PM
That's an awesome show. I've seen almost every episode.

phattonez
01-14-2008, 12:14 PM

And what does that mean?

ZTC
01-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Don't have Showtime and I don't have much time for youtube. I'll have to see if I can download a few episodes the next time I'm online.

Rainman
01-14-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm a huge fan of the show since I agree with them on pretty much every issue. I have seasons 1, 3, and 4 on DVD and watch them whenever I feel the world is getting too insane.

AlexMax
01-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Take what they say with a grain of salt. They're mostly on target when trying to expose the 'obvious nuts', but their debunking of the bible was pretty short sighted (and useless), and their commentary on second hand smoke was flat out wrong.

phattonez
01-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Of course everything they say is skewed, but it doesn't defeat the fact that this is a hugely entertaining show. At least they bring up topics that people really should think about (especially nuclear energy, it is so safe and produces a lot of energy, it's a shame that we're not making more nuclear power plants).

Lilith
01-14-2008, 09:40 PM
---

Masamune
01-14-2008, 10:45 PM
That auto capitalization helped me out so much during that world religions class I took last year.

Nicholas Steel
01-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Of course everything they say is skewed, but it doesn't defeat the fact that this is a hugely entertaining show. At least they bring up topics that people really should think about (especially nuclear energy, it is so safe and produces a lot of energy, it's a shame that we're not making more nuclear power plants).
we just need one here and when it blows up there goes a massive part of our country...

phattonez
01-15-2008, 12:06 AM
How many nuclear power plants do you know of that have had full meltdowns and exploded like a nuclear explosion? The track record is proven. Three Rivers is exaggerated and you can't compare Soviet standards to US standards.

King Aquamentus
01-15-2008, 12:50 AM
Demonic possession episode was pretty good. I watched it while we were out of town for my cousin's wedding last April. Me and my step dad laughed all night. Apparently, some of these possessions involve "lizardmen", according to the pot smoking (seriously they were hippies) $100 an hour Exorcism businesses all over the southwest.

Daarkseid
01-15-2008, 03:05 AM
How many nuclear power plants do you know of that have had full meltdowns and exploded like a nuclear explosion? The track record is proven. Three Rivers is exaggerated and you can't compare Soviet standards to US standards.

Chances of melt-down are remote, but thats not the only problem with Nuclear Power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_Power#Solid_waste

In the long term(about 10,000 years from now), just about all nuclear waste made up to this point will be rendered completely harmless.

Thats really the big issue I have with Nuclear Power. Right now, a long term solution to the waste we already have(and the waste we accumulate in the US from European plants) seems to be undecided or at least not acted upon. Of course, further development of Nuclear power technology could render a lot of that waste useful again in the future. It also doesn't help that most attempts to establish permanent dumping sites for nuclear waste is always fiercely resisted by local inhabitants(regardless of their feelings towards environmentalism). For instance, the Yucca Mountain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yucca_Mountain#Opposition) dumping facility was already supposed to have been used as a permanent dumping site since 1998, but nearly everyone in Nevada is against it, and as a result, 2020 seems to be the most realistic forecast for when it might begin to be used for waste storage.