PDA

View Full Version : PS2 games?

Dechipher
01-13-2008, 03:32 AM
I recently acquired a PS2, and I was wondering what games I should pick up? I have FF 7 and 9 for the PS1, as well as Dune 2000. I enjoy those games immensely. I'm considering FFXII and FFX.

What are you guys' suggestions?

Nicholas Steel
01-13-2008, 07:56 AM
FFX is mostly cinematic's and you would do yourself a favor by not getting that particular final fantasy game.

if you enjoy those types of games then i would hazard a guess at Kingdom Hearts 2 being right up your alley even if you haven't played the first one in the series.

Masamune
01-13-2008, 11:12 AM
katamari damacy

MasterSwordUltima
01-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Disgaea 1 and possibly 2. [mostly for references to monster names for SE ;)]
Final Fantasy X isn't all that bad. If you remove Auron, then it is. 12 is pretty neat too.

MGS2:Substance and MGS3:Subsitance. That is, if you enjoy extreme hide and seek.

Devil May Cry 1 and 3. My absolute favorite hack and slash games. + guns.
Shinobi + possibly Nightshade. Also great hack n slash, not so much the later.

Katamari Damacy + We <3 Katamari [if you can find them] Brilliant game.

.hack//GU Volumes 1 -3. Decently short RPGs, but they're entwined, and awesome.

SpacemanDan
01-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Dark Cloud 1&2 are pretty good. I'm not too far in, but I've seen my brother whip through it, and it looks like a pretty good game, and he seems to be having a really good time with it.

MottZilla
01-13-2008, 11:39 PM
You should mention what genres you like and don't like. It'd help for suggesting games.

Daarkseid
01-14-2008, 12:39 AM
FFX is mostly cinematic's and you would do yourself a favor by not getting that particular final fantasy game.

I'm just going to go out and disagree with this. FFX's cinematics are no more prevalent as they are in FFVII-IX. Its also got the best battle system of the series up to that point.

At the very least, let my comment cancel out franpas.

Dechipher
01-14-2008, 01:03 AM
You should mention what genres you like and don't like. It'd help for suggesting games.

I concur. I usually just play games that are pick up and play. I don't have a lot of time nor money for games, so I like to just play.

I do enjoy the FFs, and Zelda.

Warlock
01-14-2008, 01:11 AM
Final Fantasy XII was good - though I never got around to beating the thing :P One of these days...

The Kingdom Hearts games are also really good.

Can't really think of anything else - my PS2 collection isn't that large :P I've heard good things about the God of War games but haven't played them myself.

Breaker
01-14-2008, 01:29 AM
God of War 1 and 2 are two of the best games in their genre, better than platformers on the 360 and Wii.

Gleeok
01-14-2008, 05:10 AM
I usually just play games that are pick up and play. I don't have a lot of time nor money for games, so I like to just play.

FF XII imho is far better than X or X-2. You can get it used new or used between 10-20 bucks. It also has a user controlled variable difficulty level, meaning you can make the game as easy or hard as you want based on your skill and exp allocation. Great FF game and It's friggin huge!

God of War, again 10-20 bucks. Awesome game, check it out. GoW 2 is also great.

I also have to mention Star Ocean 3, being a Tri-Ace fanboy. I would say it's the best rpg for the ps2, or at least my favorite rpg of all time. :P Again, dirt cheap. Worth looking into at least.

Kingdom Hearts: 10 dollars. Easy to play, a favorite among ps2 owners. I thought KH2 was a steaming pile of button mashing shit however, although many would certainly disagree with me on that.

Other games worth looking into that you can get for really cheap nowadays:
-Dark Clouds
-Onimushas
-.Hacks
-Devil may cry
-Metal gear Solid
-Lego star wars
I normally hate racing games but Star wars racer revenge is pretty good. There's actually been a large amount of really good ps2 games released over the years.