PDA

View Full Version : weirdness

zeldanerd
01-12-2008, 03:45 AM
Well, when i want to ues a tileset like newfirst bs or something, all the rocks have purple in them, the trees are grey, and lots of other tiles have weird colours... how can i fix this apart from spending hours editing each tile one by one.....?

erm2003
01-12-2008, 10:53 AM
Did you try just changing the cset by pretting + and - on the number keypad?

bluedeath
01-12-2008, 04:22 PM
You can also use F4 to change the Level palletes in the screen, for example if you want to make a forest temple and you want to make it green, Forest Green DGN- will make the dungeon tiles to forest green color, like in the pure tileset.

zeldanerd
01-12-2008, 04:30 PM
hmmmm..palletes are the only thing i havnt learned about zquest...

zeldanerd
01-12-2008, 04:40 PM
but its not that, i use those paletes to make the screen in a dungeon blue or something, but this is when i start a new quest fresh with new grapthics, then when i get on the editor, most of the tiles have a some weird colours like the mountains have a tiny bit of purple on them, the water is grey, and the trees a really weird.

Russ
01-12-2008, 05:16 PM
I know what you are doing. Using F4 to change palettes only changes them in Zquest, not in ZC. You have to change the dmaps color for it to appear differently in ZC.

As for the new tilesets, which one are you using. Have you tried using different pallets or csets?

Pineconn
01-12-2008, 05:28 PM
I think I know what's going on. Dungeon palettes work like that. When you switch the palette to a dungeon palette, you'll see this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/ex1.png

But if you scroll down, you'll get to the normal dungeon tiles:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/ex2.png

There are some special palettes that will allow you to use overworld tiles in dungeons (you'd have to find the proper CSet with the + and - keys). PTU is an example of a tileset that would allow this (but not PTUX, I don't think). Otherwise, those oddly-colored overworld tiles must look like that.

bluedeath
01-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Try not to double post, k? Use the edit button when neccecary.
What are those arrows on the side of shot 1?

Pineconn
01-12-2008, 10:37 PM
A very and incredibly useful tool. In ZQuest, go to Etc -> Options. Check "Show Misaligns". Those arrows will flash when it detects a solidity misalign to the adjacent screen. This will greatly help you avoid allowing Link to walk into a solid object when Link scrolls to an adjacent screen (mostly useful in the overworld).

zeldanerd
01-13-2008, 05:04 AM
Nvm everyone i figured it out!