PDA

View Full Version : Idea for first quest

bobrocks95
01-11-2008, 11:29 PM
I have (what I think is) a great idea for my first quest in ZC. A quest centered around Death Mountain, with each dungeon allowing you to climb higher and higher atop the mountain. With layers, the mountain could become HUGE(I think, still not very good with layers). It's kind of hard to turn my ideas into writing, but does the idea basically sound good/hasn't been done before?(Keep in mind it's my first quest) I only wish I was more experienced with custom tilesets, so the people wouldn't have to live in caves:tongue:

Russ
01-12-2008, 12:43 AM
I don't think it's been done before. It sounds like a good idea though. May I suggest you use the new DoR prerelease. It's at the Pure ZC forums, and ready for download.

bobrocks95
01-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Does anyone have a link or at least a full name?(sorry)

EDIT: Oh, do you mean the Dance of Remembrance tileset?

EDIT2: Do tilesets HAVE to be used in the version they are said to be for? Or will I have to use 1.92 B182?

bobrocks95
01-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Work has already begun, with me deciding to stick with the classic tileset, for the sake of simplicity, as it is my first quest. The bottom two rows of screens include the small town, a stretch of land with a few secrets, and a lake that also stretches into the row above. The rest of the area will be Death Mountain, most likely going in rows, much like this:

O=Path

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO
O
O

I plan to hopefully include 9 full dungeons, though may have less in the first released version.

EDIT: For some reason screwed up the little picture I made. It's like a very elongated "s" shape.

adioboy
02-01-2008, 07:18 PM
yes i think there is a quest like this called death mountain
but im not sure if it follows the "each doungen is closer to the top of the doungen" thing
but yes for first quest it is most good to use classic tileset that is what i used for my first
and for my 2nd quest i still wanna use classic :D
but im going to use pure
but the quest sounds really good adn cant wait for it

bobrocks95
02-09-2008, 03:30 PM
At the moment, I'm looking for anyone who would be interested in designing some(or maybe even all) dungeons for me. In my relatively short time with working in ZQuest, I've already discovered that I definitely don't have a "nack" for designing dungeons(I suck at them is what I guess I'm trying to say). If anyone's interested, either PM me or post here.

I have to say, this quest's just BEGGING for an updated tileset:p.