PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur 4

MottZilla
01-10-2008, 04:43 PM
So... anyone hear how they managed to fuck with this one? They had to fuckup Soul Calibur 2 with they mascot bullshit and they do it again in SC4. Darth Vader and Yoda...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/796/796048p1.html

Now, I think Darth Vader is cool, but still I hate the way they add some horribly contrasting character into a great game. I thought it was just ridiculus with Link, Spawn, and the Tekken guy... Though this news does make me want that new Star Wars game more.

DarkDragoonX
01-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Yeah, it's amazingly stupid. I don't want third-party "bonus" characters. Soul Calibur is popular enough to sell like hotcakes anyway, so I don't see why they would even feel compelled to do something like this in the first place.

MottZilla
01-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Exactly. That's why they need to add an option to disable them entirely. It would suck to be playing along and then be forced to fight a fucking star wars character. What makes it all worse is that Xbox 360 gets Yoda, PS3 with Darth Vader. So you can't even fight them against each other. Not to mention Yoda sucks.

Grasshopper
01-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Do Japanese people even like Star Wars?

MottZilla
01-11-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm pretty sure they do. Afterall they release Star Wars Episode 1 on Laserdisc in japan because laserdisc was still popular there when the movie came out.

Yoshiman
01-11-2008, 06:51 PM
Yikes. Vader and Yoda look extremely out of place in the Soul Calibur universe. At least Link, Spawn, and Heihachi used physical weapons instead of lightsabers. Someone mind telling me how Taki still has her arms? (http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/739/739576/img_5178215.html) Then again, Soul Calibur has never been known for realism, as I'm pretty certain women can't have boobs of that size without some cosmetic surgery.

I really hope that they don't cut characters because of this. Rock and Lizardman were missing from SCII and then reappeared in SCIII.

Do Japanese people even like Star Wars?
Final Fantasy XII had a lot of Star Wars-like elements, some more noticeable than others. If you watch the first FMV, it's obvious with all the airships and lasers (even my mom made that connection). Also, Balthier and Fran are similar to Han Solo and Chewbacca (both own a ship), while Ba'Gamnan has some similarity to Boba Fett (both green bounty hunters after Han/Balthier).