PDA

View Full Version : Question

powertozelda
01-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Are you guys planing on making any new default enemy's for the newer beta versions?

I tried this one tileset, that had some nice custom enemy's, so I got to thinking that would be cool if there were more default enemy's.

Like mini iron knuckles, unless thats pretty much dark nuts:tongue:

Or maybe big iron knuckles, or something of the sort.

Of course that would mean you'd have to make custom tiles for them...

Joe123
01-10-2008, 04:17 PM
We have have an Enemy Editor as of a few betas ago, so you can add as many enemies as you like.

powertozelda
01-10-2008, 04:19 PM
We have have an Enemy Editor as of a few betas ago, so you can add as many enemies as you like.I seen that, I mean default enemy's from the developer's, i'm not good at making enemy's at all:(

Maybe if I can get my hand on a guide that helps you learn how to work that area of ZC.

I'm just getting used to the custom screens myself.

Joe123
01-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Then perhaps it's best not to worry about trying to make fancy enemies yet ;)
It'll come, don't worry :)

You can have whatever enemies you like via scripting, 16x32 enemies, flamethrowing patras, ball and chain troopers, the limit is your imagination.

Again though, learning how to make custom screens is probably best to do before worrying about scripting.

http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98623
That thread might help for a few copy-and-paste in new enemies.

powertozelda
01-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Then perhaps it's best not to worry about trying to make fancy enemies yet ;)
It'll come, don't worry :)

You can have whatever enemies you like via scripting, 16x32 enemies, flamethrowing patras, ball and chain troopers, the limit is your imagination.

Again though, learning how to make custom screens is probably best to do before worrying about scripting.

http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98623
That thread might help for a few copy-and-paste in new enemies.Bal and chain troopers?

Really, I don't know what scripting is... for ZC anyway...

I would love to learn though!

If anyone has the time.

Joe123
01-10-2008, 04:45 PM
ZScript allows Zelda Classic to do things it couldn't normally do.
It's a subset of C++.

If you want to learn scripting, by all means, go have a look at the scripting forums and people will point you in the right direction, throw tutorials at you etc.

There are no particularily thorough tutorials or anything though, so it's not very easy to get started at the moment.

You'd probably be better off learning the basics first though, I should learn to keep my mouth shut sometimes =P.

EDIT: Oh, and it's very important to note that scripting is not essential in Zelda Classic, it is merely an optional extra.
(Not that you'd catch me saying that too often though =P)

powertozelda
01-10-2008, 04:59 PM
ZScript allows Zelda Classic to do things it couldn't normally do.
It's a subset of C++.

If you want to learn scripting, by all means, go have a look at the scripting forums and people will point you in the right direction, throw tutorials at you etc.

There are no particularily thorough tutorials or anything though, so it's not very easy to get started at the moment.

You'd probably be better off learning the basics first though, I should learn to keep my mouth shut sometimes =P.

EDIT: Oh, and it's very important to note that scripting is not essential in Zelda Classic, it is merely an optional extra.
(Not that you'd catch me saying that too often though =P)It's cool, adding such a enemy would make ZC that much better for me.

Thanks again:tongue: