PDA

View Full Version : List of Things incompatible w/8-bit Tiles?

Questwizard88
01-09-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm working up a palette at the moment, but I need to know what all breaks when an a bit tile is used in them. I know game icons might be a bit screwy, but is there anything else than using 8-bit tiles for will cause problems with along with what cSets, so I can plan the palette accordingly? I'm already avoiding cSet 6 as it'll probably be used exclusively for game icons. (The graphics are going to make extreme use of 8-bit tiles in most places.)

Joe123
01-09-2008, 03:06 PM
The game icons don't use Main Palette CSet 6, they use ESP Csets 6-9 I think.

Questwizard88
01-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Ahh now that I think about it, you are right. I haven't used ZC in quite a while, so I guess I forgot about those.

Majora
01-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Making enemies or Link 8-bit means neither will flash upon damage.

Russ
01-10-2008, 11:42 AM
This is probably a question with an obvious answer, but how do you access 8-bit mode? I have pressed every single button while in the tile editor, but nothing works.

And another thing. Doesn't Link have to use Main palette cset 6?

ShadowTiger
01-10-2008, 12:11 PM
To set a tile (Or tiles.) to use all 256 colors, (8-Bit mode, that be.) highlight it (Click on it, or shift+more than one tile.) and then press b.

Questwizard88
01-10-2008, 12:13 PM
hilight the tile or tiles in the editor, and press the B key. And no, Link doesn't technically have to use anything from cSet 6, and you can just use the same cSet 6 in the sprite palettes since you can always change Link's color through tile mods when he picks up a ring or other item. For enemies, we have the new enemy tiles anyway, so the colors won't matter there either. And based off what majora said forcing those to 8-bit tiles would just cause them not to flash. In fact, I'd rather not have them flash anyways, so I guess that one doesn't bother me.

EDIT: Ahh. Beat me to it there.