PDA

View Full Version : Item Carriers?

alfinchkid
01-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Is there a way (without setting screen data, of course) to get enemies to drop certain items.

What I mean is, can I make a moblin drop "Arrow Ammunition"? Because in the "item set" dropbox, I can't see anything to do with arrows at all, so I can't set it there, I know...

Russ
01-05-2008, 02:25 PM
I don't think there is any way to do this besides scripting it. Since arrows don't drop very often, do what I do. Make the arrow amunition (1) into an arrow amunition (30).

Joe123
01-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Enemy Carries Item Screen flag.

Russ
01-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Is there a way (without setting screen data, of course)
Without setting screen data. He means like how you would select an enemy to drop bombs from the enemy editor.

Joe123
01-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Oh.

Well, you could, say, sacrifice the magic system, then make magic into arrows and enemies would drop arrows.

ShadowTiger
01-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Or, you could make a script which tracks the latest enemy to have gotten hurt, and if that enemy has 0 hit points at any one point, a script is played which drops a random item at that enemy's position; one of which could be an arrow.

Gleeok
01-05-2008, 10:28 PM
The simplest solution might be to just sell the player ammo for cheap, or to give ammo out at set intervals in dungeons.

Doesn't the "true arrows" rule let enemies drop arrows randomly anyway though?

_L_
01-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Doesn't the "true arrows" rule let enemies drop arrows randomly anyway though?
Yes indeed! Consult the documentation (http://www.shardstorm.com/ZCwiki/Item_Drop_Sets) to find the exact probabilities.

Since arrows don't drop very often, do what I do. Make the arrow amunition (1) into an arrow amunition (30).
A very good idea, if I do say so myself.

alfinchkid
01-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Hmm... I see. However, if I change the name/quantity of the Arrow Ammo drop, will it still recognize it as the one to drop? The wiki you linked to says it will only drop "Arrow Ammunition (1)". But say I want a "Shuriken Ammunition (10)" And change the value it gives me to 10 of these Shurikens instead of only 1 (to maximize the amount I can get from enemy drops), how will it know to drop a "Shuriken Ammunition (10)" rather than, say, a "Shuriken Ammunition (5)" [Which would be available to buy from shops]?

Russ
01-06-2008, 01:36 AM
Only arrow amunition (1) is dropped. So just change that items value to a higher number (got to love the item editor) and change the graphics to show it is worth a certain amount of arrows.

Praethus
01-06-2008, 03:26 AM
I'm pretty sure the enemies reference the items they drop by their item number, not their name. So whatever item is referenced by that number will be what they drop.

Nimono
01-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Say, on a related note, is there any way to PREVENT enemies from dropping these items before you're even able to HOLD any of the ammo? It's just never made sense to me that you can get Bomb drops with 0 Max Bombs, and Arrows without a Quiver. (AKA, 0 Max Arrows.) It's just....annoying. I'd really love to have Arrow and Bomb pickups ONLY appear if you have a Max for them. (I can work around the buying them in shops stuff, thanks to my shop script.) Especially since that'd emulate Metroid better.... (Now if only we could REALLY seperate Super Bomb Max from Bomb Max... I STILL say it makes NO sense at all for them to be tied, period, no matter HOW you justify it. (And the "8 bombs per Super Bomb goes with LttP" I heard once fails, since LttP STILL only let you have 1 Super Bomb at a time, period.))