PDA

View Full Version : Making a Quest, need help with stuff(mostly characters)

Flame3230
01-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Ok, I am making a quest that is very random and stuff and I need a few things, I will add more and you will be credited for your contribution.

Help:
1.How do you upload downloaded sprites and tiles to the quest maker?
2.Where can I get MIDIs for different games?
3.Are you limited on how many items you can have? If so, can you make item variations like in Link's Awakening

Character Sprites:
1.Ash from Pokemon(no weapons)
2.Mike Rowe
3.Zero, Bass, Sigma, Glide Armor X(all from Megaman)
4. A Geeky looking programmer person
5. Random civilians
6. Zant(from TP)
7. Redesign of Link and Zelda so it will match the detail of other characters
8. Kermit the frog
9. Kirby
10. Ratchet from Deadlocked with the Zodiac
11. sports guy
12. Mailman from TP

Tiles/combos:
1. Buildings would be nice
2. A Ferrari Enzo that once you get in it, it crashes into another car and explodes
3. A pokemart
4. a Van with slim cognito in it (Ratchet and Clank)

And I am making a trading sequence, and here it is so far.
Find a Staple on the ground==>Trade it to a buisness man for his Ferrari==> Wreck the Ferrari and in the explosion a bowling ball kills Ash and you take it and leave before the cops show==> Trade it to a sports guy for a hockey stick==> Talk to the programmer and beat him up with the hockey stick to get ???

Staple==>Ferrari==>Bowling Ball==>Hockey Stick==>???

Russ
01-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Help:
1. To import tiles, go to Quest-graphics-tiles. Selecr a blank tile and press grab. The press file. Select the picture to rip the tile from. Then select the tile. You will have to recolor the tile though. If you press "r" when selecting the tile, Zquest will try to recolor it for you, but it doesn't allways turn out like you expect it to.

2. Try VGmusic.com. They have almost every video game midi imaginable.

3. In 2.10, you are limited to the amount of items you can have. But with 2.5 alpha builds, you can create custom items. And further more, if you know the programing language C, you can create scripts toi make the items do all sorts of amazing stuff.

As for the tiles, check the loose tile database at purezc.com. They have tons of tiles (and whole tilesets) there.

And since that was your first post, welcome to AGN!

Flame3230
01-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks so much for the kind words and helpful ummm... help! Last time i tried something like this, but with a more complicated game, i gots yelled at, alot

As for tiles, I got most of my tiles of pure zc, and this is to cover the ones they didn't have, so far i have 4.2 megabytes of tiles.

And im gonna look around at the midis, and i just thought of this, but do you know of a tool that lets you convert songs to midi, but i am gonna look myself for one