MasterSwordUltima
01-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Great invention, or greatest invention?

phattonez
01-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Now who wants to eat that pizza?

Modus Ponens
01-04-2008, 02:21 AM
I'd gladly eat it. Regrettably, though, the laser wasn't as effective at doing its assigned job as I had hoped it would be, as is evident in the last second or so of the video.

phattonez
01-04-2008, 03:00 AM
Maybe it had to do with the heat coming from the laser that melted the cheese and then those slices stuck back together?

Mitsukara
01-04-2008, 04:37 AM
Interesting, but I think it would be cooler to cut a pizza with a guillotine. It would separate the pieces better, though the trick would be keeping the pizza even.

War Lord
01-04-2008, 11:08 AM
That's not very great.
It was super slow and inefficient.

I can cut a pizza in about 3 seconds or so if I had to guess. If we used that pos, pizzas would be backed up out of the oven and crash into eachother.

cbailey78
01-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Welcome to the future!

Pineconn
01-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Maybe it had to do with the heat coming from the laser that melted the cheese and then those slices stuck back together?

Actually, I think the laser didn't fully cut through the crust. Ah well, it's no worse than some people who cut pizzas out there, i.e. some people who work in pizza stores.

Cloral
01-04-2008, 01:51 PM
I'd gladly eat it. Regrettably, though, the laser wasn't as effective at doing its assigned job as I had hoped it would be, as is evident in the last second or so of the video.

Yeah, someone says "that's horrible" right at the very end.

MottZilla
01-04-2008, 03:25 PM
It's a great tool put to poor use. Cutting a pizza with a laser isn't very smart. So much faster and better to use a regular metal pizza cutter. Also I wouldn't want to eat the pizza after that. Alot of gas and sparks you see during the process. Not exactly looking very tastey. Lasers are great for cutting plastic pieces though...

Zaphod Q. IX
01-04-2008, 04:35 PM
That's not very great.
It was super slow and inefficient.

I can cut a pizza in about 3 seconds or so if I had to guess. If we used that pos, pizzas would be backed up out of the oven and crash into eachother.

Do you use a rocker knife or a wheel cutter?

Modus Ponens
01-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Holy shit, you guys, come on. I think some of you are missing the point. That is a video about lasers, and pizza, and the lasers cutting the pizza. Am I the only boy here? Major props to the laser dudes with their laser pizza.

MasterSwordUltima
01-04-2008, 05:49 PM
It's a great tool put to poor use. Cutting a pizza with a laser isn't very smart. So much faster and better to use a regular metal pizza cutter. Also I wouldn't want to eat the pizza after that. Alot of gas and sparks you see during the process. Not exactly looking very tastey. Lasers are great for cutting plastic pieces though...

Wasn't it an H20 laser? Or did I read it wrong? I assumed the "gas" was simply steam coming from it. All they have to do is shrink that baby and make it an add-on for you iPod.

Gerudo
01-04-2008, 06:58 PM
I've seen far more impressive laser videos, such as setting shit on fire. This video disappoints.

King Aquamentus
01-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Metal isn't laser. don't you see the problem there? Metal is boring. Laser is awesome.

Also: Lasers that just start fires are still weak. weak weak weak. They won't do a thing to sheet iron.

Holy shit, you guys, come on. I think some of you are missing the point. That is a video about lasers, and pizza, and the lasers cutting the pizza. Am I the only boy here? Major props to the laser dudes with their laser pizza.

Sadly, I think so.

MasterSwordUltima
01-04-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm very much pro-laser-pizza-cutter. However, if they did something Futurama-esque, and made it a handheld laser, but in the shape of a pizza cutter [complete with the cutter wheel], that would be glorious to the tenth power.

Modus Ponens
01-05-2008, 01:55 AM
I'm very much pro-laser-pizza-cutter. However, if they did something Futurama-esque, and made it a handheld laser, but in the shape of a pizza cutter [complete with the cutter wheel], that would be glorious to the tenth power.

Right, the laser would probably be fired from the end of the handle, like the axe Leela used to chop down the Xmas tree.

King Aquamentus
01-05-2008, 02:33 AM
Lasers make very hard to see cuts. However, these big CO2 things are completely thorough within a millisecond. The pizza was cut straight through. The line however is very fine.

MasterSwordUltima
01-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Right, the laser would probably be fired from the end of the handle, like the axe Leela used to chop down the Xmas tree.

Exactly! :D

SuperLink
01-05-2008, 01:42 PM
looked like a dream come true to me.

King Aquamentus
01-05-2008, 04:25 PM
and yes, the cheese could have remelted with that fine of a line, but it is also possible that it hardened it. crisped. Not burnt, but that nice golden brown.

Pineconn
01-06-2008, 12:13 AM
I don't think our point is that the laser isn't awesome, but more that the laser doesn't do its best job possible. ;)

At least I think it was pretty cool. Sort of. Eh, back to the Steelers/Jags game.

Mitsukara
01-06-2008, 02:50 AM

Much as though I approve of the far out tubular rad lazer pizza, is there not also a certain charm to the guillotined pizza? Plus I think it would work better.

MasterSwordUltima
01-06-2008, 02:57 AM
Lazer is the word they use for Lazer Tag brand equipment. The actual word is LASER.

Light Amplification by Stimulation of Emitted Radiation.

...or whatever it is.

Pineconn
01-06-2008, 03:13 AM
C (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser)l (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser)o (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser)s (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser)e (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser). Very close. ;)

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with the good old fashioned way of cutting a pizza. Just press hard... really hard.

copsgotguns
01-06-2008, 04:03 AM
lazer > laser

Mitsukara
01-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Lazer is the word they use for Lazer Tag brand equipment. The actual word is LASER.

Hence the underline to emphasize it wasn't a mistake. Lazers are much more xtreme, you see. ^.^

King Aquamentus
01-06-2008, 07:22 PM
eh... not really. Maybe if you had a pizza place that also had lazer tag. Then it would be. Lazer Pizza! now in Saint Louis and Alton, IL. $20 a game, or $5 all you can eat. Check out our arcades too!