PDA

View Full Version : Cset color change on a laptop?

bluedeath
01-02-2008, 07:57 PM
My dad got me a laptop for christmas and I am going to download ZC on it, but before I do I want to know how to change cset colors since the +/- isnt on this keyboard I dont have a num pad? Can anyone help?:D

Joe123
01-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Ooo Ooo, I can do this one, I have a laptop!

There should be (otherwise your laptop smells =P) layered over your keys the numerical keyboard, often in light blue, to the right of the normal functions printed on them.

If you hold down 'fn', you should be able to access the numerical keyboard.

Mine goes from '7' to '/'.
'+' and '-' are on ';' and 'p' respectively.

bluedeath
01-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Thanks :D But I am pressing FN but it isnt doing anything. Must I press it when in zc?

skaarj[warrior]
01-02-2008, 08:58 PM
You have to hold down fn and press the corresponding button with the (highlighted) minus sign on it while _holding down_ fn :). For example in my case I press Fn-ö.

bluedeath
01-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Its not working? Do I have to to do this while in ZC?

erm2003
01-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Are you sure you are hitting the right keys? On my laptop I have to hold the FN button and then hit the : ; key for the minus and the ? / key for the plus. Make sure you are hitting the keys that are supposed to work with the FN button, not the original plus minus keys that work with shift. This should change the csets just fine when using ZQuest.

Pineconn
01-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Nothing happens when you press the plus or minus key on a PC, either, so nothing will happen when you press [Fn]+[+] or [Fn]+[-] on a laptop. If you do this in ZQuest, your CSets will cycle. If you do this in a word processor, a plus sign or minus sign will have been typed in.

Russ
01-03-2008, 12:30 AM
I don't see why you are having trouble. I have never done ZC from a normal computer, only laptops, and it alway works fine. Just make sure to hold the Fn key down when you press the button. On mine + and - are ; and p respectivly.

bluedeath
01-03-2008, 12:52 AM
Um never mind I figured it out, thanks erm..