PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Zelda: The Master Sword [WIP]

migokalle
01-02-2008, 04:14 PM
First of all, I want to say that the name WILL be changed later...

Story: ''Link lives in Celdena. He lives on a quite big mountain, with his uncle, Uncle Earl.
One day, Link has to go down to the little village at the foot of the mountain, to get some food. When he get's down, he's told by the shopkeeper that they don't have any food left. The road to Celdena Castle Town is closed, so the only choice, is the neighbor kingdom, Hyrule. It's a little far, but Link could make it in two days. He starts to walk towards ''The Great Forest'', which are connecting the two kingdoms.
When he reaches out of the forest and takes his first steps into Hyrule, the sky turns dark around Snowpeak mountain. The dark sky (which aren't a cloud) swallows all of Hyrule and covers it in a dark light. At the same time Hyrule Castle starts to burn. What is going on?! Why has the sky sudenly turned dark?!
Why has Hyrule Castle been attacked?!''
This is a VERY shortened down intro. I didn't write some stuff, like an entire cave dungeon, because of spoilers.
The story itself will be HUGE! It may even be the biggest and most in-depth story you've seen in a quest.
Everyone who has seen the storyline I've got so far has been saying somthing like: ''WOW! Nice story!'' and
''That is PERFECT''... even Shoelace said he liked it.
It's going to have backstorys for MANY things, like items. The item that has the biggest backstory is the Master Sword itself. Hey, the quest IS about the master sword... This will reach all the way back to BEFORE Minish Cap and even before Hyrule got it's first king. Yes, Picori's WILL be included
EDIT: Andrewmcd1 did help me with some ideas that later turned into big things. Like, having two endings... oops, spoiler...
I have made up the rest of the story myself though.

Graphics:
I'm using the newest DoR.

Gameplay:
This quest will be extreme. I've planned MANY things! I've even planned an ENTIRE side story, that tells about the orgin of The Master Sword and that red Pheonix you see on the Hylian Shield(s).
The quest will use Link tile mods to do that side story, cause you'll be playing as King Gustaf (the first King of Hyrule)... however, that is ONLY in that side story. I may use Link tile mods for other stuff like sheats and stuff. I'm also VERY scared of using up all the maps and dmaps. This quest will have MANY cutscenes and a few overworlds. I'm planning to have a SMALL Dark World too.

Music:
MidiMan told me he could help me with the music when he's done with Radiens ''Dance of Rememberance''.
Right now, Sir:Johnamus is creating a wonderfull musical piece, which will be in my quest... probably the main theme... I have yet to hear the full version.
Majora may also help me on this part.
The quest will ONLY have custom songs or edited Zelda songs.

Time for some screens and maps maybe?
Yes, I think so:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/kallepus/SotW.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/kallepus/CeldenaMountainMap.gif
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/kallepus/TheGreatforestCaveMap.gif

Note that the maps are not finished. Neither is the screen, as it needs more details before I can be happy.

Now, I would love to get some comments :P
Anything?

Migokalle

SpacemanDan
01-03-2008, 12:15 PM
The posted screen shot looks really good, and the maps blow me away! :D Those tiles are really well done! The story sounds interesting, and it sounds like you've got alot lined-up for this quest. Definately one I'm looking forward to! Keep up the excellent work. :D

migokalle
01-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Well, thank you Blaman!
Yes, Radien did an awesome job on the tileset. I don't think the tileset is done, and it needs some ripping and editing before I can make a full quest with it, but that won't be a big time stealer.
And yes, I've planned alot of things. I believe story is the most important thing, along with music.
Screendesign is also important though... But thank you for your kind words.