PDA

View Full Version : Documentation

pkmnfrk
01-02-2008, 06:24 AM
I think I speak for most people when I say this:

"Great job on the bugfixes, but someone has to properly update zscript.txt!"

For randomness, I downloaded 712 to sneak a peek at zscript.txt to see if Screen->Quake was documented yet, but it wasn't. And, for that matter, neither is Link->MouseInputZ, or anything else _L_ may have mentioned recently in that regard. And yet, the MapFlag to ScreenState conversion was made.

I'm not trying to bitch here, I just want to fiddle around with the cool new stuffs.

SpacemanDan
01-02-2008, 11:34 AM
I agree, but not just in ZScript. It'd be nice to know what the other additions do and how to use them. :D (Prehaps an updated help file? I'm just throwing ideas out there.) I'm not trying to be a nag or anything, but it really would be nice, and would reduce the ammount of "how does _____ work" posts in these forums.

Russ
01-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Well, the ZC documentation wiki is being updated pretty quikly. But ZScript really isn't. I agree that somebody should update the zscript.txt file.

SpacemanDan
01-02-2008, 02:36 PM
I don't always have acess to the wiki, however, which can be a royal pain in the behind to figure out what some things do. Priority #1 in documentation is ZScript, IMO, then the other features.