PDA

View Full Version : Moving Combos and Tiles

Russ
01-02-2008, 12:52 AM
Yes, I need help. :(. Is there a wat to move combos down in the combo list? Likewise, can this be done with tiles? I have heard something about using "I" to do this, but I am not sure how. By the way, I am using 2.10 (which is really hard to do with Windows Vista). If it is not possible with 2.10, how would I do it with 2.5?

Gleeok
01-02-2008, 12:57 AM
I and ctrl I will add new combos on the combo page, very useful, but only for 2.5. As for a way to move tiles without messing up your combos, I don't know of any.

Joe123
01-02-2008, 06:29 AM
On the tile page, 'C' to copy the tiles, 'M' to move them.
ZC updates you combos automatically.

At least, 2.5 does, don't know about 2.10.

Gleeok
01-02-2008, 07:27 AM
Wait, I thought "M" was M'ake combos? Can you also 'shift highlight->Copy->Move them? That would've been good to know, oh, about some months ago.

Russ
01-02-2008, 01:28 PM
I and ctrl I will add new combos on the combo page, very useful, but only for 2.5. As for a way to move tiles without messing up your combos, I don't know of any.
Okay. 2.5. Well, making a tileset with 2.10 is already hard enough, and this is the dividing line. I'll just make my set with 254 then. Thanks for the help.

Joe123
01-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Wait, I thought "M" was M'ake combos? Can you also 'shift highlight->Copy->Move them? That would've been good to know, oh, about some months ago.

M is move combos once you have one selected in the copy box also, yes.
I've heard tell of this 'Make' feature, but it never appears to have worked for me.

Wacha making Russ?

Russ
01-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Wacha making Russ?
A combonation of DoR and PTUX. I can never pick which set to use, so I am just going to make a set that uses the best tiles from both of the sets. I figured most people would want to use 2.10, so I went to a lot of trouble and found that 2.10 ZQuest can open with Windows Vista, but you can't really do much without it crashing. But it does let me do enough to make a good tileset. But since the "I" trick is only avalibe in alpha builds, and 2.5 is almost out, I'll just use build an alpha build.

The_Amaster
01-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Oh, that's what your doing. Well, hell, if you work it out let me know. I've been trying to merge DoR and Freedom's Adventure tileset for a while, but gave up on it for the exact problem you have.(And some pallete issues, but I can work around those)

Russ
01-02-2008, 06:57 PM
I have tried before, but failed. But I think I can finally do it now because of two things.

A. I have been ripping from Pure to DoR for a while now, and I know which colors look best for certain tiles.

B. I found out that when ripping tiles, you can press "r" to recolor them into the tileset.

Gleeok
01-03-2008, 07:52 AM
I've heard tell of this 'Make' feature, but it never appears to have worked for me.

It only works with rows selected or single tiles. :( You can't really specify something like a 4x4 block of tiles for example. Still comes in handy though.

Joe123
01-03-2008, 08:00 AM
How does it work though?
If I press 'M', nothing appears to happen...

Did you get my PM?

Gleeok
01-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Highlight something like all the link tiles, press M, then select an open spot on the tile page, click, then hit 'done'. It should work.

Joe123
01-03-2008, 08:59 AM
ohhhhh....
I was pressing M on the combo page >_<

Thanks, that should save me a lot of time.