PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts 2

Patrick Spulock
01-01-2008, 04:02 PM
I just got done defeating Kingdom Heart 2 Last Night ,And I watch the credits to the very end,Then at the end of the credits they showed another scene when Sora is on the island with Riku when suddenly Kairi comes running up to them with a bottle that has a scroll with the royal seal on it,and Sora and Riku then read the message.I don't know about you guys but I think that Square Enix may yet be on the way to making
Kingdom Heart 3.

Nicholas Steel
01-01-2008, 07:12 PM
i played it on easy first ;\ im on my way to playing it on normal just so i can see the extra ending and to see if what it said is true...

the game lied to me, it said if i beat the final battle everything would be complete and i could go back to do whatever... but it never saved after i beat the final guy so, perhapse only for harder difficulties thats true?

the final battle in the game was the most annoying part of it all :P hated it soo much... had to look it up on the net lol. it was the only thing i eeded help with tho, he kept grabbing sora and i didnt know what to do.... his clone kept pissing me off.

Matteo
01-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Please let us know if your going to put spoilers in your thread next time...

I for one haven't played KH2 yet...

Brasel
01-02-2008, 01:42 AM
Oh great. KH3. I for one, cannot wait for another bland action adventure Zelda wannabe game. The Kingdom Hearts games were pretty, but I'll be honest, I don't think they were very good in the game play department. Thats just me though. I know NOT to shell out another 50 bucks for another KH game this time...

Breaker
01-02-2008, 03:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnEKFoyZGmM

I guess none of you ahve seen the KH2 final mix secret ending? It shows a clip of KH3, just like KH1 showed a clip of what became KH2 at the end.

Also, here are some pics of the next KH game being released for the PSP.

http://www.kingdomhearts3.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/kh-bbs_18.jpg

It's going to be a prequel set 10 years before the original, so hopefully no pirates of the caribbean... which IMO almost ruined the game for me. The blend of FF and Disney characters in the first game was great, but that was a bit of a stretch in the second that felt way too commercial.

Nicholas Steel
01-02-2008, 03:28 AM
i think KH2 is pretty good but then again i never played KH1.

rock_nog
01-02-2008, 12:53 PM
I never finished the original Kingdom Hearts. I liked the concept, but oh God, I hated the gameplay. Interacting with all these classic characters and whatnot, okay, neat. Actually playing the game, though, was just dull. See, this is my problem with too much emphasis on story and the like. Sometimes, I feel like the gameplay itself becomes and afterthought. It's always bad when you feel like you're just trudging between cutscenes. If I wanted that, I'd just pop in a movie and avoid the hassle.

DarkDragoonX
01-02-2008, 02:56 PM
...oh God, I hated the gameplay.

We have ourselves a winner. The gameplay in Kingdom Hearts is just plain garbage. I also find the story in Kingdom Hearts to be utterly ridiculous. The entire series popular solely because of nostalgia. People go "Oh wow FF and Disney YAY," and then anything they had resembling a brain shuts down.

I don't get it.

Patrick Spulock
01-02-2008, 06:29 PM
I Do not agree with about what you said about kingdom hearts DarkDragoonX, It be like saying that Quintet's Soulblazer series is stupid because you have to save the world.I know for a fact that the plot in KH is not utter gabage,It is just that you have no understanding or appreciation for that that classical idea of light vs darkness otherwise known as good vs evil.

secondly KH is not a zelda wannabe game,It's a game that is very independent of gameplay and storyline,Therefore you stop saying negetive things about kingdom hearts before I decide to use a Organization 13 styled portal to come there to your house and kick you sorry @rse with a Lv. 70 Firaga Spell and make you wish you never said that about kingdom hearts 2.

thirdly, DarkDragoonX because of you post i am beginning to wonder if you are not a heartless or a nobody youself.

bluedeath
01-02-2008, 09:54 PM
I did this game on expert I own the game myself, its the best game ever made! I beat sephiroth on proud and got the ultima wepon at lvl 99 and the other keyblades the game is awsome and so are the battles, but it was easier then kingdom hearts 1 :(

MasterSwordUltima
01-03-2008, 12:46 AM
The concept behind the series is superb. However, what all can you do after the first game? You've already gone through the majority of all Disney worlds [except for like, what? Pocahontas?], so it wouldn't make much sense to go back.

The story was pretty straight forward if you ask me. However, I don't really like how easily distracted Sora seems to get. If finding Riku is that important, then let the Huns invade China, its not your problem. But whatever.

The Keyblade in itself is a wonderful weapon design. Not so much the whole locking/unlocking stuff, but how it changes when you change the keychain. I like Tetsuya Nomura's style for having tassles and keychains, very much. Sute likes keyblades too, infact I got her one for X-mas [it sits right next to me right now, actually].

I just hope 358/2 Days, and the other two [except, I couldn't care any less about the phone puzzle game] that are coming out will be more story-driven, and not so much on the helping out disney characters save the world when they did it themselves in their respective movies.

Sute
01-12-2008, 09:45 AM
I freaking love Kingdom Hearts. I have a blast playing the games. I love the music, characters and all, it's just perfect for me. I'm really into the games and shows where characters from different series come together and interact, so that's what drew me into Kingdom Hearts from the get-go. Brought back memories and gave me some new ones, too.

And yes, the keyblades are so much fun, how they have their own distinct themes and such! :D And how Sora is such a powerful beast. haha. So what if it seems like some rip off, because it's absolutely not. ^_^ It is its own game, and there are so many games out there with a back-to-back relevance to Zelda than Kingdom Hearts. You can say that "Arc of the Lad" is too close to Zelda. *shrug* It really doesn't matter. Nothing is original these days, right..?

But anyway, as a closing note, I love the games, can't wait for more. I love it, they're making money off of it, I don't see a problem. It's one of the few games I play.

Nicholas Steel
01-27-2008, 03:25 AM
ok, im doing this on either normal or hard and im wondering how to reach level 99 quickly... im at 49 and will probably have to level up more to beat the game (never needed to grind in beginner mode :P) im after 100% completion this time around that i think requires beating sephiroth at hollow bastion...

Breaker
01-27-2008, 03:36 AM
KH is nothing like Zelda. That's a pretty stupid thing to suggest.

Nicholas Steel
01-28-2008, 12:29 AM
ok so i am after a...

- 100% completion on "normal" difficulty.
- Ultima Keyblade. (im working my way towards getting this :P just need two more orchicalum+)
- Beating the crap out of sephiroth at hollow bastion.
- All treasure.
- All synthesis items.
- Reach level 99. (from 59)

Then i will have 100% the game and won't need to play this for a while :D.

Nicholas Steel
01-29-2008, 10:54 PM
- 100% completion on "normal" difficulty.
- Ultima Keyblade. (im working my way towards getting this :P just need two more orchicalum+)
- Beating the crap out of sephiroth at hollow bastion.
- All treasure.
- All synthesis items.
- All synthesis items synthesized.
- Reach level 99. (from 81)
Now i am after this lol. Also, why can i not use my 'Lion Form' in 'The Lion King' land?

Masamune
01-30-2008, 07:56 AM
There weren't no fuckin' anime people in the Lion King. Only lions.

mrz84
02-01-2008, 12:30 PM
I liked KH1 less than KH2. I'm looking foward to the other games coming out, like the DS one (358/2 Days I think it's called) and the PotC stage was at least bettert han the Little Mermaid "stage" was IMHO. Less singy, more fighty next time I hope. :kitty:

Breaker
02-03-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm looking more forward to the PSP version of Kingdom Hearts coming out.

Nicholas Steel
02-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Yes, i put KHII on hold while i now play KHI (i recently bought it) and so far...

- the camera and targeting system is vastly inferior but not completely useless.
- attacking is slower tho that is fine by me.
- graphics are of poorer quality (this i doubt couldn't be helped considering the time the game was rushed to release).
- music is 3 times more repetitive and 100 times more annoying.
- it is impossible to accurately aim with the gummi ship. the ship ALWAYS shoots at a angle and half the time the bullets go through enemies and objects, Oh and the joystick sensitivity is insane which makes it hard to do slightly angled shots.
- no X axis invert option for the gummi ship.
- they made the right analog stick completely useless.
- levels are vastly smaller then KHII
- there are just as many (maybe more?) cinematics in KHI
- you can't skip cinematics
- you are forced to watch a cinematic again if you die during a scripted battle
- majority of the game is based around fighting scripted battles.
- there is a huge delay before healing potions and spells take effect which allows you to die easily in tight situations.
- it is easy to get 1 hit KO before you reach critical health.
- there is a tiny delay when engaging in a jump which makes platforming parts a small pain.
- level design is bizarre and not natural. (tho some would think this is good)
- some boss fights are ridiculously easy while others are a pain in the butt (balance issue's)
- there is no "guard" function for a large portion of the game, only a "roll" function exists which for some bizarre reason prevents most damage from occurring to you.

Nicholas Steel
02-04-2008, 07:45 PM
The above list is of course based on the differences between KHI and KHII. KHI is still a good game to play.

bluedeath
02-15-2008, 11:03 PM
I've heard that there is gonna be a Kingdomhearts for DS if I am not mistakin but I dont know if I should bielieve that or not, if so (MINE)

Breaker
02-16-2008, 01:16 AM
Uh... yes, there is. They are releasing two Kingdom Hearts titles, one for the PSP and one for the DS. Both are very different.

MasterSwordUltima
02-17-2008, 05:25 AM
Actually, three. :p But nobody cares about the one for the phone. Not just because its for the phone, but because its a puzzle game.