PDA

View Full Version : Two words: Portal Gun

lupinealchemist
12-28-2007, 05:44 PM
We all know about Valve's popular puzzle game, I was wondering if we can make an Item script that can do that. For a basic idea I'd imagine there being two items for each portal, which means an A+B subscreen is required. I don't know if it's possible to enforce Portal's motion laws, if we could using the sideview gravity flag in sidescroll rooms, this would be awesome for advanced puzzles.

What do you think?

Joe123
12-28-2007, 06:26 PM
http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32765

XDragonSB beatcha to it ;)

lupinealchemist
12-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Oh well, at least someone thought of it.

lupinealchemist
12-30-2007, 12:13 AM
May I use Gleeok's Portal.Z scripts for my quests?

Gleeok
12-30-2007, 12:32 AM
May I use Gleeok's Portal.Z scripts for my quests?

That's what it's there for. ;)

Just be sure to get it from the thread rather than the .qst file, as I fixed the bugs from the first two versions of the script.

lupinealchemist
12-31-2007, 03:59 AM
Your script is good, but I had a different idea about the controls.

Can you make it so you have two portal items, one for each portal?
The controls can be to press the item button once to open the selected portal and press it again to close it.

Another thing..

Can you make it so projectiles or items can also pass through portals?
I know the portals can't change the trajectory of whatever passes through it like the real game, but it's just something to think about.

Joe123
12-31-2007, 05:30 AM
Can you make it so projectiles or items can also pass through portals?
I know the portals can't change the trajectory of whatever passes through it like the real game, but it's just something to think about.

Yes, but only if you re-script the items completely so that they're ffc weapons rather than hard-coded ones.

lupinealchemist
12-31-2007, 08:27 PM
Your script is good, but I had a different idea about the controls.

Can you make it so you have two portal items, one for each portal?
The controls can be to press the item button once to open the selected portal and press it again to close it.

For now, may I have an example on how to modify it this way?