PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Games of the Year

Brasel
12-25-2007, 01:42 PM
So what was your best gaming experience this year? It didn't have to have come out this year, you just had to have played it this year.

Mine would probably be Mega Man Powered Up. I played the shit out of that game. MMPU got me back into gaming actually. I hadn't picked up and really gotten into something since I was deployed in 05 besides maybe FFXII or Zelda TP, but after I finished those, I didn't go back through them and try to finish everything up. MMPU kept me hooked long after I beat it the first time.

My system of the year would have to be the PSP. I didn't play anything else like I played PSP this year. MMPU, Lego Star Wars II, Final Fantasy Tactics The War of the Lions and Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles all kept me glued to my tiny wide screen late this year. I haven't been so excited about a system since the GBA honestly.

Honerable mentions:
Heavenly Sword
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles
Lego Star Wars II
Final Fantasy Tactics The War of the Lions
Guitar Hero II
Guitar Hero Rocks the 80s

rock_nog
12-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Orange Box, no contest. Not just the game of the year, in my opinion, but the best gaming experience I've had in a good long while.

Petoe
12-25-2007, 03:36 PM
The game of the year is definitely Super Mario Galaxy. I haven't had so much fun with a game since Super Mario Sunshine.

Best gaming experience overall this year was playing Super Metroid on Wii's VC and on my big TV screen. That is one of the best and most atmospheric games of all time. :)

*b*
12-25-2007, 06:09 PM
.hack//G.U. (Vol.2 and 3)
Okami
Phantom Hourglass

Rakshiba
12-25-2007, 06:55 PM
I might add a few more if I think about them.
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Indigo Prophecy
Armored Core: Project Phantasma, and Nexus
Shattered Earth (I'm an addict)

Modus Ponens
12-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Ōkami, Portal, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy, and an honorable mention to Knytt Stories and the rest of Nifflas' games.

Archibaldo
12-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Guitar Hero. And some Pokemon and a little bit of WoW.

DarkDragoonX
12-26-2007, 12:04 AM
In no particular order:

The Orange Box
S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Bioshock
Aquaria
Persona 3
Growlanser: Heritage of War
Etrian Odyssey
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Ultimate Ghosts n' Goblins
Contra 4
Super Mario Galaxy
Hellgate: London
Assassin's Creed
Eternal Sonata
Rogue Galaxy
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer
Big Bang Beat: 1st Impression
Trouble Witches

This was a pretty good year for PC gaming, especially on the independent games front, which makes me a very happy camper, all things considered. There are a lot more games that I really loved, but I think the list is long enough as it is already.

Dechipher
12-26-2007, 01:55 AM
Link to the Past
Halo 3
Dune
SSBM

That's about it....

MottZilla
12-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles - I was waiting for this for YEARS and I really like it. Certainly one of the best games to come out in ages.

Contra 4 - This sneaked up on me but it's awesome. Though the dual screen stuff can take some adjusting but I'm not one to pass on classic 2D action.

Call of Duty 4 - This isn't the best game but it's a good game. Modern CoD. It can be alot of fun or a real bitch.

Assassin's Creed - Great game, pretty fun to play, but short and somewhat repetitive. Overall it's a good game but sadly no replay value like multiplayer games have. Kinda reminds me of Crackdown...

Finally, Gears of War. It came out late last year and the PC port just last November. Great game, though the PC requirements are a bit steep. Still making your own levels and playing new ones should be cool.

Pineconn
12-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Twilight Princess - Best Zelda game. Ever. Don't deny it.

Metroid Prime 1 & 2 - I like them because they are one-third Goldeneye and two-thirds Zelda. The best possible mix ever. And they're just darn excellent.

LEGO Star Wars - Not difficult, but very inventive and fun to play co-op.

Imprisoned
01-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Mario Galaxy here too... and I got the 120th star and Luigi a hour too late (1:00 at Jan 1). My goal was to get them before 2008... but oh well. I suppose I was playing too much Guitar Hero and Ratchet & Clank 3.

I would say the game is so perfect it will surpass my old favorite Ocarina of Time. The only fault of this game I could find was the player. Because I'm a freaking Mario veteran and I completed the game in about 6 days. I wish it would have lasted longer.

DarkFlameWolf
01-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Well Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario and now Super Mario Galaxy have been definitely soaking up my time last year. So my vote goes for those four.

The_Amaster
01-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Super Mario Galaxy and Phantom Hourglass are probably my top two this year. And Lost Isle of course.

MottZilla
01-02-2008, 06:53 AM
Twilight Princess - Best Zelda game. Ever. Don't deny it.

No. Twilight Princess is FAR from the best Zelda game ever. I comes in after the original, LTTP, Link's Awakening, and OoT. Many people, me included, didn't like TP's linear gameplay. I never even bothered to finish TP. It wasn't much more interesting than seeing Zelda graphics on GameCube.

SpacemanDan
01-02-2008, 11:59 AM
PS2:
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories (Beat it 2 days ago, actually)
Soul Nomad and the World Eaters

GBA (On my DS):
Goden Sun 1
Harverst Moon: Freinds of Mineral Town

DS:
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

GC:
The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Eddition (Primarily Zelda 2)
The Legend of Zelda: Master Quest

PC:
Zelda Classic
RPG Maker 200(3) (I dunno if you consider this a game, but it has taken quite some time out of my year, unproductive, mind you, but took time none the less.)

That about sums up my major plays of the year, my absolute favourites being Disgaea 1&2, and Golden Sun.