PDA

View Full Version : quick question... [combos]

Master Maniac
12-24-2007, 09:31 PM
i realize water tiles dont work on layers, but what about warps? i wouldnt doubt them working but im not sure.

also, does anyone have any wuick tips/tricks for puzzles?

and finally, the combo type, block trigger only triggers when all the blocks in the room have been pushed onto the triggers, right?

The_Amaster
12-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Think they work on 1 and 2, but I'm not sure. Best way is just to test it.

Very broad. Can you be more specific?

Yes.

Master Maniac
12-24-2007, 10:51 PM
ok thank you

umm idk... stuff like avoiding using really complex setups and using stuff like the no warps data flag to fence in enemies.

and thank you again.

oh! a new one on enemies,

say i have a trap [vertical, constant] and its placed at the top of the screen. is there any way i can make it a firing enemy? does that work with trap enemies? and if so, can i make it vulnerable only to reflected objects? [fireball magic etc?] and if not, can i use triggers on combos to "kill" it after reflected objects hit all of them and get an item to appear?

thanks!

The_Amaster
12-24-2007, 11:22 PM
umm idk... stuff like avoiding using really complex setups and using stuff like the no warps data flag to fence in enemies.

Well, that specific one's easy. Theres a new "No enemies" flag or combo(can't remember which) which obsoletes using the warp tiles.

As for the trap, well I don't have ZC in front of me (I'm at relatives) so I can't check, but do you know how to set up firing enemies otherwise? Because theres nothing like experimentation.

Joe123
12-25-2007, 08:40 AM
oh! a new one on enemies,

say i have a trap [vertical, constant] and its placed at the top of the screen. is there any way i can make it a firing enemy? does that work with trap enemies? and if so, can i make it vulnerable only to reflected objects? [fireball magic etc?] and if not, can i use triggers on combos to "kill" it after reflected objects hit all of them and get an item to appear?

thanks!

No that doesn't work with trap enemies, but what you can do is make a freeform combo that moves in the same way as a trap, then script an invisible enemy to be attached to it, that is a shooter and is only vulnerable to reflected objects.

Not too hard to do at all.

And No Combo Types AT ALL work on Layers!

At all!
Ever!

Sorry =P