PDA

View Full Version : What Saves Between Sessions?

Praethus
12-24-2007, 03:29 AM
What variables in are saved between game sessions. If a player exits Zelda Classic, will any variables retain their values? And for that matter, what is saved between screens, and even DMaps?

Gleeok
12-24-2007, 05:18 AM
From what I've seen: Global int and floats will carry through the entire game (unsure about bools), all declared vars will continue across all screens with carry over ffc's or a global script untill Link dies or resets. As far as stuff like SetMapFlag() I'm not really sure, but I'd think it would last the entire game.

DarkDragon
12-24-2007, 06:06 AM
All global variables are permanent, persisting through both deaths and saves.

Screen variables are not saved, but I think they do persist through death and quit->continue.

Script local variables last as long as the script is executing.

You'll have to ask the other devs or veteran quest authors about what else saves and when, as even looking at the source code I get thoroughly confused. It all depends on which of dozens of obscure quest rules and screen flags are checked, what type the DMap is, whether or not the dungeon level is set, the phase of the moon, etc.

Praethus
12-24-2007, 07:01 PM
But you are saying that if I declare a global variable in my script, it will persist through saving and quitting?

Joe123
12-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Yes.