PDA

View Full Version : Recreating elements from Cave Story

Majora
12-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Specifically, Hell.

Those enemies that chuck blocks at you? I need a script that copies the behaviour EXACTLY. So, the FFC that is a block, rises for 1 combo, then goes left or right in an arc where the apex is 1 combo higher, and it flies for about 4-6 combos, then just goes down 1 combo, and "respawns" back at the point where it will rise to be thrown again.

Those angels that fly at you? Yea, need one of those too. Where they fly in your general direction, bump off walls, and then change direction to try to hit you. Think of a drunken monkey.

A jetpack script. Once you pick up a certain "dummy" item, link can go in any direction whilst in mid air for a duration of x frames. eg after he jumps, he can go in any of the 4 directions until either the frames are up, or he hits the ground. if he flies into a solid object above or to either side of him, the script still attempts to propel him. (But can't, like walking into a wall)

Oh, and if someone could explain to me how to make falling blocks (no script), that would be appreciated. I know it's possible, but I could never get looping FFC's to work. :-/

C-Dawg
12-23-2007, 08:52 PM
I'll be making a script similar to Cave Story's jet pack eventually. (Level 2 double jump will be a triple jump, third jump being a jet). I'll post it in this thread when I do it.