PDA

View Full Version : [704] Subscreen Selector Crash

Imprisoned
12-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Operating system: WinXP SP2When the values for a current item (Left Select, Right Select etc) in the subscreen are
wrong, and the selector is tested, ZQ freezes. It's annoying if you haven't saved, and this happens often because those values are hard to set right...

at least for me.

Well I haven't "actually" tested this in 704, but in 693 I have, and in ShardStorm it doesn't say anything similar is fixed.

EDIT: Also I need help setting the right values. I have 10 items, in order
[1][2][3][4][5]
[6][7][8][9][10]
(Thanks)

pkmnfrk
12-21-2007, 10:48 PM
For the layout question, you need to ensure that each item is assigned a unique number (I'll assume you've done that based on the pattern in the diagram)

Then, just set Up, Down, Left and Right to the number of the item physically in that direction. For example, for #1, set Right to 2, and Down to 6. For edges, set the number of the item on the far edge. Back to #1, you'll want to set Left to 5, and Up to 6 (again).

Do that for all of them, and there should be no crashes or anything.

DarkDragon
12-22-2007, 03:38 AM
It's still a bug that ZQ crashes instead of telling your gracefully that you've screwed up the setup.

How do you test the item selection in ZQ?

Imprisoned
12-22-2007, 05:50 AM
Then, just set Up, Down, Left and Right to the number of the item physically in that direction. For example, for #1, set Right to 2, and Down to 6. For edges, set the number of the item on the far edge. Back to #1, you'll want to set Left to 5, and Up to 6 (again).

Ehhhhhh..... what? I'll try...

How do you test the item selection in ZQ?

Well you know, clicking that arrow which moves the selector to the next item?

Dark Nation
12-24-2007, 01:50 AM
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100805

Dark Nation
01-03-2008, 08:13 AM
No response. Moving to Limbo.