PDA

View Full Version : What game are you playing?

Brasel
12-21-2007, 09:47 AM
What game or games are you currently playing? Are you enjoying it? If not, then why are you playing it.

I'm playing two games right now, Final Fantasy XII and Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles. Final Fantasy XII is great. I'm playing it through this time trying to max out my characters early on and hopefully finish all the hunts this time. Dracula X Chronicles for PSP is really good too. I'm kind of playing between Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night. I haven't gotten the good ending on Rondo of Blood yet, but I think I will have it by tonight. I should be getting Guitar Hero 3 for my PS3 here soon hopefully, I'm looking forward to that a lot.

I'm at work and I'm procrastinating doing busy work. I'm bored.

Imprisoned
12-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Stick Arena :D (check it out www.stickarena.com (http://www.stickarena.com))

And, and, on Monday, I, will, yes, play SUPER MARIO GALAXY! Woo hoo!
Then Ratchet & Clank 3 and Guitar Heros I & II.

rock_nog
12-21-2007, 10:47 AM
Right now, pretty much Team Fortress 2 and Guitar Hero 1 and 2. I really need to get those last four stars in Super Mario Galaxy, but I just can't bring myself to do it (freakin' purple coin levels... ARGH).

Imprisoned
12-21-2007, 11:37 AM
I bet I'm gonna get all of them til 2008.

MottZilla
12-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Gears of War. Yes I'm enjoying it. But I'd enjoy it more on the PC making my own maps and playing other custom maps. So send donations so I can upgrade my PC to play it.

Modus Ponens
12-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Was Playing Five Minutes Ago Until I Beat It: Crayon Physics
Was Playing a Few Days Ago Until I Beat It: Portal (it's hard to overstate my satisfaction)
Will Probably Soon Start Playing: Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2
Currently Playing: Aquaria, Rogue Galaxy, Final Fantasy, Lufia II
Should Probably Get Back Into: Metroid Prime 3, Final Fantasy XII
Started a While Ago but Never Finished: Dragon Quest VIII, Radiata Stories

Also, I'm involved in a great tabletop RPG campaign right now.

Warlock
12-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Mass Effect & WoW right now :P

DarkFlameWolf
12-21-2007, 05:48 PM
PC:
Quake IV
Oblivion
Descent II
Gamecube:
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Wii:
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Super Paper Mario

ShadowTiger
12-21-2007, 05:55 PM
DS:
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. (Currently in Death's Tower, left part.)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. I "finished" it, (With the Chaos ring, yay.) and have to beat Boss Rush mode. ... Sssseveral times.

GCN/Wii: (Because I don't use my GCN anymore and don't have any Wii games! :blah: )
Twilight Princess: In the middle of the Sky Temple. Just got the dungeon's treasure.
SSBM: ... um ... I guess I'm toying around with Fox? Trying to do a Drill-Shine more than once in a row.

PC:
Caesar IV: I need to get back into that. It's really, really awesome.
Heroes Of Might & Magic 5: I uninstalled it to make room for stuff, but never got past the third or so mission of the first campaign. Takes so long for each mission... I really like to be thorough.
Black & White 2: (Dumped B&W1 for it.) Still in the tutorial mission. I like to expand with no limitations. Just so much to manage all at once... ...
Frets On Fire: It's there. Not many songs for it though. (Five, maybe?)
Stepmania: Oh lord, don't even get me started. 1500+ Songs.
IRC. IRC is multiplayer notepad. What did you expect?

Kairyu
12-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Draglade for the DS. I've gone through elec and fire kid's storylines so it's starting to get repetitive, but it looks like water kid's got an excellent storyline so I dunno.
After that I'm intending to try FF#somethingorother: Revenant Wings. Suppossed to be a decent RTS for the DS.
Also kinda playing Advance Wars by Web but I need to catch up on a few of my turns soon.

Daarkseid
12-23-2007, 04:44 AM
I've been playing Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword obsessively since October. The new corporations feature adds a new element to the game that appeals way way too much to my obsessive-perfectionist tendencies in these games.

Darth Marsden
12-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Having reently gotten my brand spanking new PC (which can actually play modern games!), I've been re-installing all my old games and playing the ones that catch my interest. So I've played and completed Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge (via emulation), Doom 3, Half-Life 2 and Tron 2.0

Games I'm currently playing are Banjo-Tooie (via emulation), Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (with every graphical bell and whistle turned on) and Tomb Raider: Anniversary (my most recent purchase). I was also playing Ankh: Heart of Osiris, before I got to the cooking puzzle and promptly lost interest. I mean seriously... a guy cooking? Ha!

Breaker
12-23-2007, 07:45 AM
Mass Effect and various XBLA games.

Imprisoned
12-23-2007, 09:04 AM
I'd better get my Mario hype up and speedrun SMB3 again...
My record is 22:01 (minutes/seconds)

The_Amaster
12-23-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm playing Twilight rincess...on my brand new Wii! :kawaii:

MasterSwordUltima
12-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Technically Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronoicles, however I've yet to figure out how to unlock the last two 1 player missions [the one for Destruction of Raccoon City, and the last one for The Fall of Umbrella. Those guys in the white coats are fucking badass]

Also, Kingdom Hearts 2. Battle of 1000 Heartless was fucking insane. I didn't think I would have to actually fight 1000 heartless all at once. Serious win.

Mak-X
12-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Contra 4 and I'm working on beating the last boss on Normal. It's just as good as the original Contra.

Pineconn
12-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Zelda Classic:

-My own quest, alpha testing and all that
-Isle of the Winds for the 2½ time (the first time, I used 2.10 and encountered the Level A bug)
-Lost Isle
-Castle Haunt III
-plan to romp through Hero of Dreams again

GCN:

-Twilight Princess (for the 7th or 8th time... I lost count)
-Wind Waker
-going to play through Paper Mario: TTYD again

SpacemanDan
12-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Recently, I've been playing Disgaea 1, (But I had to return it to my cousin today.) Golden Sun 1, LoZ: Wind Waker and Zelda Classic.

Russ
12-23-2007, 10:28 PM
What games am I playing?
Right now: Zelda Classic, Zelda Classic, and, um, oh ya, Zelda Classic.

Hopefully after Christmas: Super Mario Galaxy. And Zelda Classic.

Dechipher
12-23-2007, 11:06 PM
Lost Isle
Dune
Kyrandia II

That's mostly it. I might beat LTTP again, that was pretty fun.

DarkDragoonX
12-24-2007, 12:15 AM
Still nursing my Exteel addiction, with a side order of yet another Planescape: Torment playthrough. I'll likely start a trip through Mass Effect after the holidays (yay, christmas money), despite my general annoyance with Bioware for making increasingly simplistic RPGs. Whatever happened to the good stuff like Fallout and Baldur's Gate? Jackasses.

Petoe
12-24-2007, 03:01 AM
I'm playing Super Metroid on my Wii's Virtual Console right now.
And I'm doing my best to get all 120 stars in Super Mario Galaxy...

Later today I will be playing NHL '08 for PS2 with my brother because I bought that for him as a Christmas gift... :)

AlexMax
12-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Quakeworld, Quake 2, Team Fortress 2, and Call of Duty 4 for PC

Halo 3, Mass Effect and Gears of War for XBL

Dark Knight
12-24-2007, 11:53 PM
Currently playing? Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed and Ace Combat 6 along with Castlevania: SotN through XBLA. I'll probably try playing FEAR again now that I have enough RAM to actually play it.

Gerudo
12-25-2007, 01:25 AM
PSP: Mostly Smackdown vs Raw 2007, with a bit of Monkey Ball Adventure thrown in.
DS: Nothing really.
Wii: Trauma Center - New Blood is fun, but only with another person.
PS2: Guitar Hero 3, co-op career mode.
PC: Alot of Retro emulation.

Cloral
12-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Playing through Phantom Hourglass on my brand-new DS. :)

Archibaldo
12-25-2007, 11:48 PM
Phantom Hourglass and Picross DS. And a little bit of WoW when I get the chance but lately I just don't feel like playing.

Sute
01-12-2008, 09:47 AM
I'm playing Harvest Moon: Magical Melodies.

I love the thought of spending hours picking weeds in this game when my mother is outside doing the same and wondering why I will gladly do it in a game. Excellent.

Gleeok
01-12-2008, 05:50 PM
I just got Ikaruga for the gamecube and It's freakin sweet. My first try on normal mode I couldn't pass lv4. Translation: Awesome. ...There really needs to be more japanese shoot-em-ups released here in the states. If we could get as many of those as the crappy racing games that get released in bunches, I'd die much happier.

Also picked up used copies of Kings field, Legend of Alon D'or, Dragon Quest 8, Metroid prime, and Baten Kaitos for a combined 40 bucks plus some tax. Fuck, Gift cards and bargain bins kick ass.

Cloral
01-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Playing the 4 DS games I picked up with my gift card (Megaman ZX, Contra 4, Final Fantasy 3, and New SMB), as well as Phantom Hourglass, and occasionally some Halo 3. Also want to go back and finish of Zack at some point.

Darth Marsden
01-14-2008, 11:30 AM
As per my sig, I'm now on to Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars, Super Mario RPG (In preparation for the Paper Mario series) and Tomb Raider II. The older TR games were mean...

Breaker
01-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Ikaruga is going to be released for the Xbox Live soon. I can't wait, it looks awesome. I've been playing Eternal Sonata and Super Mario Galaxy.

Cloral
01-14-2008, 01:23 PM
It is going to be awesome. Some of the guys at the office downloaded it off of PartnerNet and were playing it the other day, and it looks like a frikin' blast.

King Aquamentus
01-14-2008, 01:25 PM
DS: Phantom Hourglass, Contra 4, and Konami Arcade Collection.

SNES: Super Game Boy --> GB: Metroid 2

NES: Top Gun

Gleeok
02-04-2008, 05:53 AM
Yeah, you guys are gonna love Ikaruga. ;) I haven't logged many hours yet, but I finally managed to unlock all of lv4 in practice mode. Lv4 is that fucked up that you need to play just that one level a few times in a row..

And realizing just how much I miss the hardcore shmups I picked up Gradius V and Shikigami no Shiro 2 (castle shikigami) for the ps2, Which I have to say are both awesome. Gradius V is also done by treasure (not really sure how much of it) and has too be the best level design for a sidescrolling shooter on a console. SnS2 on extreme mode is pretty intense "bullet hell" game as well. Fun times.

Anyone play either one of the Disgaea games? The first one seems to be much harder to find than the second. I don't wan't to assume it's a much better game for that reason though. Is there a big difference between the two?

Anthus
02-04-2008, 04:46 PM
NES:
Kirby's Adventure

SNES:
Donkey Kong Country 1, and 2
Terranigma

PSone:
Chrono Cross

GCN:
Windwaker, on and off again
Smash Bros. Melee

Wii:
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Super Mario Galaxy (Hiatus)
Guitar Hero III

EDIT: I totally forgot about Phantom Hourglass. Mainly because it is "awesome"..

DS:
Phantom Hourglass >.>

Cloral
02-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Updated list:

360:
Halo 3

PS2:
Wild Arms 5 (put it aside for about 5 months during crunch time, finally have time to get back to it again)

DS:
Phantom Hourglass
New SMB
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Picross DS
Contra 4

Shyvus
02-17-2008, 02:45 AM
Twilight Princess, Lemmings, Tetris

Darth Marsden
02-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Postal 2: A Week in Paradise, the Prince of Persia Sands of Time trilogy and Super Mario 64.

I've just finished the latest Sam & Max. Very odd game.

ShadowTiger
02-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Portal 2? Man, I'm so behind.. ... Link? D:

I'm playing World of Warcraft on a private server. Otherwise, I have very little else to do. WoW is time consuming when I Do play. I'm the person that gathers materials for the guild; Including Gold. We've stockpiled 3,000+ Gold so far, have a few netherweave bags, more gems/jewels than I would care to count, and a lot of plans sitting around. Damn...

No idea what I want to play on a PII 300 MHZ machine though.

Kairyu
02-18-2008, 12:29 PM
He said Postal 2, not Portal 2.

ShadowTiger
02-18-2008, 01:59 PM
... Ah. Thank you. So it would appear that I need to get myself a new, less blurry television as well.

Valientlink
02-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
Friday The 13th (NES)
Final Fantasy V Advance Bonus Dungeon (GBA)

Feasul
02-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Until a couple weeks ago, another free WoW trial. (I should get me another one of those)
Currently sucking ass at Megaman & Bass.
Raising a new Chao in Sonic Adventure 2 for Gamecube.

MottZilla
02-18-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm playing World of Warcraft on a pirate server.

Fixed. :p No need to lie about your shadey dealings.

Can't blame you though, WoW costs alot of money unless you really waste alot of your time on it.

MoonCheese
02-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Oracle of Ages, which I've had since 2001 but still haven't beat yet. I'm bad with beating games. I seem to have something I call "Game ADD", where I'll play a game for a while, then lose interest, get involved with another game instead, find something else to do with my time (or have to do things for school), etc. Then, when I pick up the game again months later, I just start over instead of continuing where I left off. So basically, for me to beat a game, I have to do it within a few days before Game ADD strikes.

I'm also playing the ZC quest, Origin by DarkFlameWolf.

Shyvus
02-19-2008, 12:45 AM
Oracle of Ages, which I've had since 2001 but still haven't beat yet. I'm bad with beating games. I seem to have something I call "Game ADD", where I'll play a game for a while, then lose interest, get involved with another game instead, find something else to do with my time (or have to do things for school), etc. Then, when I pick up the game again months later, I just start over instead of continuing where I left off. So basically, for me to beat a game, I have to do it within a few days before Game ADD strikes.

I do the exact same thing with most games. The only exception was OOT. The first time took me forever until I would up home sick for a while, but I've played it a bunch of times since and each time I just stay up until I'm done.

Darth Marsden
02-21-2008, 08:10 AM
Another victim of Gamer ADD.

A game has to be really good for me to stick with it to the end, or I'll drift away from it. Also, if I get stuck and can't find a walkthrough or something, then that's pretty much a death knoll right there. I'm looking at you, Joe's Quest!

Aliem
02-21-2008, 04:00 PM
I just played through the .hack//G.U. games again... Right now I'm kinda switching between Elder Scrolls: Arena and Earthbound.

Ehh, I think I'll give Radiata Stories another play....

Ugh, I really need to get an XBox 360.