PDA

View Full Version : Trigger script

bluedeath
12-18-2007, 11:56 AM
I need a FFC script for when Link pushes all the blocks on all the block triggers, Link steps on the FFC and then the Trigger is activated.

bluedeath
12-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Bump*

pkmnfrk
12-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, you can do this easily without scripting, using tiered secrets:

Set your screen up normally for the push block puzzle, and have the trigger combo appear using screen flag 16.

Next, put the combos for the real secret in the Secret Combos dialog (17 and up). This is very ambiguous, so an example:

I will pretend that you're making a treasure chest appear when Link hits the trigger. You want to set the button as flag 16, and the floor tile on which the chest will appear as flag 17. You also want to set the chest itself as flag 18.

Now, before you close the dialog, CTRL-click on the floor tile combo. This lets you pick a new flag, so set flag 18.

Finally, make sure your button is a Trigger (Permanent) combo.

On the map, place #16 where the button should appear, and place #17 where the chest will appear. Voila, tiered secret. What will happen is that Link pushes the blocks and all the secret flags will be triggered. This will make the button appear, and replace the regular floor tile with the same floor tile (which also includes a new flag, incidentally). Then, when Link hits the button, all the secrets will be triggered again, but all that's left is the floor tile's flag, causing the chest to appear.

It sounds more complicated than it is. I should make a tutorial for it...