PDA

View Full Version : Gameboy sized screens

Joe123
12-17-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm scripting this at the moment, I'm just wondering whether anyone else is interested in such an endeavour?

I'm thinking of trying to recreate Link's Awakening.

Russ
12-17-2007, 07:08 PM
You are scripting gameboy sized screens!? But how? Gameboy screens are square, while ZC screens are rectangle. But yes, I would be interested. I was going to create a slighly different version of Link's Awakining for ZC, and thought I would be forced to use different screen demensions. Would you mind explaining exactly how you plan to accomplish such a challenging endevour?

pkmnfrk
12-17-2007, 07:14 PM
I assume that this script would make it so that doors on the "square" edges of the screen warp you to the next screen over. That would be nifty, certainly.

Joe123
12-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Doors on the square edges?
Eh?

Gameboy screens weren't square actually, they were 10x8 tiles in size (with a bit more at the bottom (damn subscreen at the bottom! I can't script that away!) for the subscreen), although that's irrelevant really =P

All the script does is check whether Link is within the box for the screen, then, if he's not warp him to the next screen at the opposite size, and the same x or y position. Also, I've scripted a nice little edge block feature, so you can't walk off the edge of the Map. That was rather buggy beforehand =P.

By the by, is there a better integer trucation feature than:

Pow(number_to_be_truncated, 1);?
I mean, that works fine, just wondering if there was any specific way you're meant to be able to do it.

Works very nicely actaully, although at the moment it doesn't work with DMap sliders, due to the edgeblocking, and I think the 'Game->GetCurDMapScreen' is broken in the build I'm using, so I'm resorting to 'Game->GetCurScreen', which only reference's the map coordinate rather than DMap.

Also, does anyone know of a way of checking what type of DMap Link is in via scripting?
This is giving me a bit of a headache, I mean, the script works fine, just this restricts my Map space very much.

I need to script sidewarps next, although that shouldn't exactly be too hard.

What were you planning on changing Russ?
Have you started yet?

pkmnfrk
12-18-2007, 07:00 PM
I meant doors on the left and right, which won't be on the far-left and -right edges of the screen. But, yeah.

No, as far as I know, scripting anything to do with DMaps themselves is impossible.

As for recreating Link's Awakening, that's kinda funny. I started scripting Big Moldorm the other day, though he's rather buggy at this point (tends to wander off screen)

Joe123
12-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Ooh well, I'd be interested in finding out about that if you're going to make it public?