PDA

View Full Version : Just some questions

BladeLevich
12-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Okay Im pretty new to this and Im having some problems in ZQuest,

1) I don't know how to make or get to a Dungeon from the main field

2) I have tall grass, I like it and at first I thought i knew what I was doing, I put tall grass and made the under combo a tile of cut grass, but on the edges, where the grass curves and stuff, I cant find out how to use the matching tile so it looks smooth, instead of blocky

I also have a bit of a problem with layering, but I not to worried about that for now, I found out about layering when I was trying to use the Adventure Tileset, the tileset im using now is saved as PTUX I forget if thats what it was actually called but yeah.

Any help you give is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Joe123
12-17-2007, 04:10 AM
Have you put down a tile with a picture of a door or entrance or whatever on it?

Well, right click on that tile and go on properties, and check that the type of the combo is a warp type (so cave or stairs or whatever). The way Link is moved between DMaps is by warp combos.
You then make the DMap for the dungeon (I'll assume knowledge of this), and set the screen's tile warp (press F10 or go to Data->Tilewarp) to take you to the coordinates && DMap that you want to go to. Set the warp type to be 'Insta-Warp with Blackout'
In the dungeon, set the bottom of the room's Sidewarp (Press F11 or Data->SideWarp), which is set up in basically the same way, but you need to check the little thing at the bottom of the four side locaters to make sure it's the south you make Link warp by.

Infront of the entrance on the overworld, put the little blue square (which you can find by pressing Pg Dn) and in the dungeon, put both the blue and green squares.

You need to:
A) make sure you don't have anything that will trigger secrets on that screen
B) on each of the corners of the grass, put flag 16, 17 etc. Then go to the secret combo editor, and match up the correct tiles.

http://www.ermock.com/zctutorial/
^That might help you a bit.

BladeLevich
12-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Thanks a lot lol, Im using 2.10, so im not sure how helpful the link will be but thanks anyway

Joe123
12-17-2007, 03:24 PM
I know the link looks like it's for an outdated version (well, it is for an outdated version) but that doesn't mean the information in it isn't still:
A)relevant
B)important
C)laid out in an easy to read/comprehend format

BladeLevich
12-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I just got done reading it, its actually very helpful! Thanks a ton