PDA

View Full Version : Ball & Chain

idontknow
12-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Is it possible to make an item script for a "Ball & Chain", similar to that of the one in Twilight Princess?

Basically, Link uses the spin animation that he does for when he spins his sword while you hold down the B button (while the B&C is selected as a B item) and while doing so, a B&C also appears being twirled around Link. When you let go, you toss the B&C in whatever direction Link is facing at that point (Up, Left, Down, or Right). This "breaks" certain combos. Perhaps another script that makes this trigger one of the extra "All-Purpose" flags. The length that it extends out should be like 4 tiles and it slowly retracts after doing so.

Also, it should be able to damage enemies about the same as the white sword, and it can break darknut shields. Unlike the hookshot or b'rang, it can NOT pull in items dropped by enemies or bushes.

pkmnfrk
12-17-2007, 04:06 AM
I will take a look at this, but I going to be explicitly non-committal, as this is a very complicated script...

C-Dawg
12-17-2007, 10:33 AM
Nah it's not so complicated. Just grab my general weapon script and stick some code in there making it move the way you want, and affecting a particular flag.

Item script sets a variable and sets the combo of an ffc.
Weapon script tells the ffc to move in a circle around the player (starting the direction the player is facing), turns the player, deactivates movement. When the player releases, the ffc flies out and back. Use two other ffcs for chains, place them at the midpoint of lines between link and the ball.

pkmnfrk
12-17-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm nearly done, with no FFC usage. It's looking pretty good so far, but I've got just one bug to work out.