PDA

View Full Version : Script Database (for purezc.com)

idontknow
12-16-2007, 05:43 PM
I strongly recommend that there be a Script Database, where users can upload & download various scripts--it would be laid out just like the Tileset, Loose Tile, and Quest Databases. It'd show the creator, name of the script, file name, description of what the script does, including whether it's FFC, Global, or Item Script and perhaps if the script-maker wants, even a screenshot of the script in action.

This way, we don't have to dig through thread upon thread; all scripts would be in one location. Also, if you knew what you were looking for, you could use the search function of the Script Database.

Joe123
12-16-2007, 05:50 PM
Hrm.
Well there is one, actually, hidden in the ether of the site somewhere.
I couldn't find it on a quick check, you might have a bit more luck I don't know.

No-one really uses it though I'm afraid.

I think a suggestion like this would be better if added to PureZC perhaps.
Although, that would attract even more attention away from here and to PureZC, scripting the main ZC topic that AGN has over PureZC.
In my opinion at least.
Which sucks really :(

Gleeok
12-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Yes but isn't purezc only for encouraging stable completed zc builds and not the newer beta's? For obvious reasons, though I'll take a semi-buggy alpha over 2.10 anyday. Maybe they'll start accepting pre 2.5 quests and tilesets too. Who knows.

Joe123
12-16-2007, 06:10 PM
I think they should do, I mean, if they can accept Lost Isle that's not even got a public ZQuest then why can't other games on builds be released on it?

Just because there are bugs in the build doesn't mean there have to be in the game.
I'm going to pester someone on the site staff about accepting my 2 week quest at some point.

And yeah, 2.10 is rather limited compared to todays standards.
Wow, I would never have said that a few months ago.

Gleeok
12-16-2007, 07:08 PM
And yeah, 2.10 is rather limited compared to todays standards.
Wow, I would never have said that a few months ago.

:laughing: Well, that's what I've been saying. I have like two other quests that are permanently on hold, cuz well, I started them in 2.10. Look at Sabotage Dragoon and FFA, coincidence? The way I see it is: The 2.5 betas are like Jehovah's witnesses, except that they'll succeed in converting you as fast as you can say " ooh, are those item and enemy editors? what's scripting and ffc's do?"

...I hope no one takes offense to my abstract analagy...

Joe123
12-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Sounds exactly right to me =P
Definately for FFA in any case.

However, I am thinking about upgrading FFA. Perhaps.
I'm also thinking about lots of other things though ¬_¬
Such as an exact as possible Link's Awakening remake.
I'm just working on a '10 X 8 screen size' script at the moment.
I'm running into problems actaully. It works fine moving left, right and down, just not up for some reason...

Anyway, I also have my 2 weeks quest to watch over and bugfix, + I might upgrade it for AGN's contest, my new project with only overworlds and I was thinking about finding someone who likes making dungeons to do a joint-type thing with. I'm very proud of my overworlds; my dungeons are lacking.

But I digress.
And very much so from this thread's intention =P

King Aquamentus
12-16-2007, 08:25 PM
If it's for PureZC, wouldn't it make more sense to ask there? AGN and PureZC aren't really related, you know.