PDA

View Full Version : Masterchief vs Michael Myers

SuperLink
12-15-2007, 03:03 AM
Just a random post, I know, but who would win? What do you think?

Mitsukara
12-15-2007, 07:08 AM
Uhh... you mean... the Michael Myers from Halloween, 1, 2, 4, 5, etc. etc.? Or like Mike Myers, the actor from Wayne's World, some obscure show aired on Saturday nights that Wayne's World was based on, Austin Powers, and Shrek?

Either way, in what medium do these two relate and compare?

Between the confusion of that and my complete inexperience with Halo save to know the name of the character, I can't formulate a response to what you ask save to ask more questions.

Brasel
12-15-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm sure he means the guy from the Halloween movies. In that case, I don't give a shit about either so I hope they both lose.

Cloral
12-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Well considering that the chief has guns and grenades, I think it's pretty clear he'd win against either Myers.

Gleeok
12-15-2007, 05:59 PM
This is a perplexing and very deep philosophical question. What we need to do is split this into different scenarios: Scenario A) Masterchief is making out with a half-naked college student in the woods by a lake, (cha,cha,cha,cha....ooh,ooh,ooh,ooh) Bam, out of the shadows comes a machete protruding from his head. Scenario B) Meyers is in an old abandoned bunker in the desert burning ants with a magnifying glass, where Masterchief surely has the advantage....umm, yeah. etc.

SuperLink
12-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I thought it was a very random matchup. Not as random as slimer (from ghostbusters) vs the predator, but halloween 4 and 5 were on last night, and for some reason that just popped into my head. And I think that cha, cha, cha, cha sound would be more likely if it was jason... I may be wrong though...

Dechipher
12-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Haha, Slimer Vs Predator...

Don't let Hollywood hear that.

MasterSwordUltima
12-16-2007, 03:55 PM
What if I told you that I worked with a guy named Myers? And that there was a cult down the road from my place, and their leader was an indian chief?

What if they were best friends? What then?

Actually, what if they're inter-racial gay lovers? NOW what? [I'll facepalm myself later]

rock_nog
12-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Isn't Michael Myers immortal or something? Sure, Masterchief's got the advantage, but he's gonna run out of bullets eventually.

Archibaldo
12-16-2007, 07:35 PM
This is a perplexing and very deep philosophical question. What we need to do is split this into different scenarios: Scenario A) Masterchief is making out with a half-naked college student in the woods by a lake, (cha,cha,cha,cha....ooh,ooh,ooh,ooh) Bam, out of the shadows comes a machete protruding from his head. Scenario B) Meyers is in an old abandoned bunker in the desert burning ants with a magnifying glass, where Masterchief surely has the advantage....umm, yeah. etc.

Nah, in situation A, Master Cheif would see Meyers on his radar.
MC hands down.

SuperLink
12-16-2007, 10:48 PM
Yes, but what if myer's was crouched?

Archibaldo
12-18-2007, 12:45 AM
Yeah but Meyer's isn't pro at Halo so he wouldn't know how to crouch.

SuperLink
12-18-2007, 01:17 PM
touche

Grasshopper
12-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Scenario A) Masterchief is making out with a half-naked college student in the woods by a lake, (cha,cha,cha,cha....ooh,ooh,ooh,ooh) Bam, out of the shadows comes a machete protruding from his head.
Since when did Myers hang out with Mr. Voorhees? I'd rather see 300 Master Chiefs fight a thousand nations of the Persian empire.

SuperLink
12-18-2007, 06:49 PM
I like that match up

Mitsukara
12-18-2007, 11:45 PM
I think Myers tended to go more for random murder but a lot of it coincidentally involved people who were having sex, unlike Jason Vorhees who targets the people having sex specifically. Myers' first murder was his older sister on Halloween, for no apparent reason whatsoever; she wasn't making out or anything.

Grasshopper
12-19-2007, 10:31 AM
I wasn't referring to the sex. I was referring to Crystal Lake and the "(cha,cha,cha,cha....ooh,ooh,ooh,ooh)" sound that mentioned in previous posts.

Dracula
12-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Hmm... I don't want to put any deep thought into this, but I must.

Michael Myers is more adapted to close-range combat. He is slow, and relies more on his size and strength, and he constant thought that his goal is to kill. Master Chief is very experienced in long-range attack with multiple firing weapons. Michael Myers only defense, if he was facing Master Chief a long distance, would be to stalk him in a dark area until Chief comes in close.

If Master Chief has poor peripheral vision, as the game suggests (along with every other first person shooter), then Michael would be able to strike him from the side unnoticed. If Chief was being a camper, then Michael would strike him from behind unnoticed.

Then again, Master Chief has a shield, meaning one blow by Myers would not be enough. Chief also has radar, which would expose Michael easily, and Chief would "pwn" him and give him the traditional tea-bag.

Unfortunately, Master Chief's arsenal is no match for Michael Myers' last resort: John Carpenter. He could throw in a cliche horror movie twist ending, leaving Master Chief awestruck as the classic Halloween Piano tune fills the atmosphere. He must also understand that there are more sequals to Halloween than Halo, and that the chances of Myers coming back are not in his favor.

And no one could predict how long "Haloween 2" would be in development (bad joke, I know. Someone had to say it).

...Slightly off-topic, but recently I had a dream where Jason Vorhees and Darth Vader duked it out. The parallels are too coincedental:

Jason is tall and wears a mask.
Darth Vader is tall and wears a mask (with helmet).

Jason will kill anyone who gets in his way without remorse.
Darth Vader will kill anyone who pisses him off without remorse... then accept their apology.

Jason's favorite weapon is the machete.
Darth Vader's favorite weapon is his lightsaber, which he swings around like a machete.

Jason hunts down teenagers that trespass on his campground.
Darth Vader hunts down teenagers that trespass in his Death Star trench.

Jason's mother was killed by dim-witted teenagers at a campground.
Darth Vader's mother was killed by camping Tusken Raiders.

Jason seeked revenge against teenagers.
Darth Vader seeked revenge Tusken Raiders.

Jason was "killed" because he fell in a lake.
Anakin Skywalker was "killed" because he fell in a lake of lava.

Jason was reanimated and rebuilt as a cyborg in the worst Jason film ever.
Darth Vader was rebuilt as a cyborg in the worst piece of Star Wars dialogue ever.

Jason is pretty fugly without his mask.
So is Vader.

Jason's mother looks like Emporer Palpatine.
Emperor Palpatine looks like Jason's mother.

I'm sure I could go on, but this post ended up longer than I thought.

SuperLink
12-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Wow, never thought of those two that way. Jason and Darth Vader are practically the same person. I've always thought the same about John McClane and Duke Nukem to be honest. Only Duke Nukem is more perverted.

Rakshiba
12-23-2007, 02:47 AM
If Myers is moving his traditional walking speed then Chief wouldn't be able to see him on his radar. And following Halo rules, even Master Chief can be killed from one blow to the back.

Archibaldo
12-24-2007, 07:36 PM
That's true, and if it were Halo rules, Michael would have a lung with his sword/machete/knife. And in Halo 2, sword usually kills you one shot so if Mike could get in lunging distance...