PDA

View Full Version : NEW cool item alts!

Elerosse
12-13-2007, 02:50 AM
I promised you guys more items, so here we go

1. Bomb-Bola
>in place of the magic wand
>if u dont kno already, a bola is an australian projectile used for hunting. It has three knobs on the end of three strings joined together
>can blow up long-range boulders or ice blocks, kill strong foes, etc.
>magic book can power up the bomb-bola

2. Flame Mitts
>in place of the blue candle
>basically just red or brown gauntlets or mitts that can light torches, burn vines, kill enemies, etc.

3. Goron Boots
>in place of the boots
>red or brown boots with a rocky frame that allows link to walk on spikes, thorns, rose patches, even shallow lava

4. Linetram
>in place of the raft
>a handle with a wheel on the top that allows link to ride vines, ropes, wires, etc.
>could be an essential to a forest dungeon

5. Magnetic Gloves
>in place of hookshot
>pulls you across gaps via magnetic block
>goes pretty well with the Thunder Hammer idea...

6. Cane of Lyrha(or some other name to ur liking)
>in place of magic wand
>basically a staff that controls time. Can be used on metal bars or locks, which will make them rust or break due to the lapse of time
>can be used on slowly trickling droplets trickling upon a dry riverbed or something else like that, which will cause the droplets to drop so fast that the riverbed or whatever will fill up with water
>overall...be creative!

Well, hope ya liked these. Dont worry though, ill keep the ideas a'comin:)

Russ
12-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Wow. These are pretty good ideas. How do you think if them?

Jenny
12-13-2007, 01:07 PM
I like the magnetic gloves idea. Keep 'em commin!

Din
12-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Nice idea. Those seem awesome!

Elerosse
12-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Well, when i think of new items, all i do is sit with a pencil and paper and let the ideas flow. It also helps if you have a good idea of the possibilities behind the default items. Manipulating them a bit provides for some cool gadgetry!

On another note, dont forget to credit me for these, because i originally intended these to be a secret! I do have some sort of regret...

...but, as long as im given credit, im fine!

bluedeath
12-13-2007, 05:26 PM
What about a Raft that allows you to control yourself?
like Raft(manual)

Elerosse
12-13-2007, 11:41 PM
hmm...i did think of that, but i didnt know u could manipulate things to do that. how do u do it?

Russ
12-14-2007, 12:20 AM
What about a Raft that allows you to control yourself?
like Raft(manual)
If you put down the raft branch falg everywhere, you can steer the raft. Although without scripting, there is no way to make him take damage on it.

Din
12-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Just make a Link Tile Modifier where needed, and with the String Editor's "take away item" command, just make a string when you get on and off! Make the water a seperate D-Map and disable certain items if you don't want Link using items.

Elerosse
12-14-2007, 05:25 PM
oh, ok. ill try it, thanx!

bluedeath
12-14-2007, 06:59 PM
When items are disabled are they still shown in the menu? Would they be REenabled in the same dmap if you pick it up in that map?