PDA

View Full Version : Can a moldorm use ranged attacks?

Rakshiba
12-12-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm trying to make a high level moldorm that can fire magic, I've got everything covered except for it won't fire:(. Is there something I can do to give me that option?

(Edit) I'm using build 672, (2.5 beta)

_L_
12-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Not now. Much later.

LostInHyru1e
12-12-2007, 03:05 PM
...In the final 2.5?

Gleeok
12-12-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm trying to make a high level moldorm that can fire magic, I've got everything covered except for it won't fire:(. Is there something I can do to give me that option?

(Edit) I'm using build 672, (2.5 beta)

Of coarse they can. You can transform any enemy you want into a killing machine with my various scripts. (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100326) ;)
Once you initially set up any enemy boosting ffc script to an enemy, you can Link other ffc's to the first.
....hmm, that reminds me, I need to update some of those to link via script rather than ffc flag for direct X, and Y manipulation as right now you can't link to certain scripted ffc's...
...it's fixed now.

Russ
12-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Or you could have a script that
A. Centers a freeform combo on the moldorm and
B. Fires a certain weopon, making the illsuion that the moldorm is firingthe weopon.

Gleeok
12-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Or you could have a script that
A. Centers a freeform combo on the moldorm and
B. Fires a certain weopon, making the illsuion that the moldorm is firingthe weopon.

Well yeah, you should try it out sometime, that's part of it's effect. ;)

Rakshiba
12-12-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm not that advanced, I don't even know what scripts are or their applications yet... if it's not too much trouble could you walk me through that first option Gleeok

Joe123
12-13-2007, 08:47 AM
Could just have something like

Screen->CreateNPC(moldorm)
Screen->CreateNPC(fireshooter)
while(true)
fireshooterx = moldormx
fireshootery = moldormy

?
Doesn't sound too complex