PDA

View Full Version : just some things i need to know

zeldanerd
12-11-2007, 05:56 AM
First question: how do i get mixed tiles? like two tilesets mixed together? and can i just change a colour of any tile by doing something?

and thnx for all the help guys!

The_Amaster
12-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Theres no easy way to do it, that I know of. You just have to rip all of one set one by one into the other. Do you know how to do that?
As for color changing, well, by using the + and - you can change the current CSet. That might be what you want.

Imprisoned
12-11-2007, 10:15 AM
I don't know how you can add tilesets to a tileset, but you can change the colour of a tile by going to Quest > Graphics > Tiles. Choose the tile and double-click it to edit.

And on the combo page you can change the Cset with + and -.

Also on the combo page you can also change the combo's colors by double-clicking it and typing the number of "CSet 2" and then with the light-blue square you can specify which parts of the combo are "CSet 2".

zeldanerd
12-11-2007, 04:57 PM
nope, i dont know much about zquest, so i dont know much about riping

bluedeath
12-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Well, you could always go to purezc download Loose Tiles, if they dont match your tileset you may have to recolor them. And to rip? Well you just go to a blank page on the tiles page and click "Grab", then load your tiles, Then click on "Leech" and then press Enter. There are some tiles that go with certain tilesets though.

zeldanerd
12-12-2007, 03:03 AM
hmmm..when I Igo to file and load some loose tiles i want, they always shows all these colourful litytle dots, am i doing somethings wrong?

bluedeath
12-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Try changing the colors with +/- If that dont work you might have to recolor them,
Rip them first.

Joe123
12-17-2007, 12:26 PM
When you open the image up into the 'grab' window, try pressing different combinations of 'R' and 'P', while changing the CSets.

Who knows what might happen!

bluedeath
12-18-2007, 11:54 AM
What does pressing R and P do?

Joe123
12-18-2007, 12:30 PM
'R' recolours the tiles automatically. ZQuest 'looks' at the colours on the image, then looks through your current CSet (or whole palette in 8 bit mode) and finds the ones who's RGB values most closely match the ones for each colour.

'P' just puts the image in it's orginal palette, for viewing only (obviously you can't rip it like that).

But it seems to work nicely sometimes if you press combinations of the two for some reason. They're on on/off toggles.

bluedeath
12-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Thats handy! Thanks, I never knew about this.

Imprisoned
12-20-2007, 08:35 AM
'R' recolours the tiles automatically. ZQuest 'looks' at the colours on the image, then looks through your current CSet (or whole palette in 8 bit mode) and finds the ones who's RGB values most closely match the ones for each colour.

'P' just puts the image in it's orginal palette, for viewing only (obviously you can't rip it like that).

But it seems to work nicely sometimes if you press combinations of the two for some reason. They're on on/off toggles.

Th--... Thank... you... Joe... I... never... knew... about... this...!