PDA

View Full Version : cool item alternatives

Elerosse
12-08-2007, 05:59 PM
hey, im elerosse and im a nub to this forum, but not to ZC.

anyways, im gonna share some of my cool alternate item editorials with you guys:

1. Ball-and-Chain
> in place of the hookshot, but instead of a hook head, the ball will be there, and instead of the hookshot body, a handle will be there.
> for hookshot tiles, you can have things such as magnetic blocks for the ball and chain to latch onto and pull you over gaps. or just dont have any hookshot tiles at all!
> you could place hookshot flags on boulders and ice blocks to simulate the ball and chain breaking them

2. Spinner
> in place of raft
> along raftable areas, rails can be placed

3. Cane of Byrna
> in place of nayru's love
> basically just edit art!

4. Fire Boomerang
> same thing
> has 3 wings instead of two(looks pretty cool)

5. Thunder Hammer
> in place of fire boomerang
> like Thor's hammer in Norse Mythology; when thrown, it comes back

More ideas are on the way!:cool:

_L_
12-09-2007, 12:01 AM
What about Hammer -> Pick-Axe?

Make boulders or cracked tiles into Pound combos, and replace the "post pound" sound effect with a rock-smash sound.

ChainLink
12-09-2007, 01:18 AM
_L_, that is it! THAT IS IT!!! Bless you! Thank you! I have been trying to think of something different to change the hammer into. YOU ROCK! The Hammer to me always smacked more of Donkey Kong than it did LoZ. Thanks for the great idea!!!

HAHA! I just read that back. I said "you rock" in capital letters. Pick? Rock? I wasn't meaning to be punny. Oh well, at least I didn't put them in bolder letters...

OK, seriously, you can shoot me now. I'll stop. Promise. *snickers*

cbailey78
12-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Hi Elerose! Welcome to AGN forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! :)

_L_
12-10-2007, 12:40 PM
How about...

* Super Bomb -> Smoke Bomb
Simply change its Damage to 0 so that it stuns enemies instead.

* Arrow -> Deku Seed (Four Swords style)
Again, change its Damage to 0, and reduce its Range to 60 or so. Voila!

* Ring -> Magic Armor
Give it a Magic value of 1 or something, and increase its Damage divisor to something ludicrously high, like 64. When you take damage, your magic will be sapped instead of your hearts, until you run out and the Ring deactivates.
(The only problem is, you can't toggle it on and off without scripting, so it's perhaps best used in a quest without any other magic items.)

Din
12-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Nice ideas. Hmm, let's see.

Heal Spell: Just have a potion, but don't have it level down, and it costs about 4 magic.

Hover Ring: Lasts forever, but when you use it, it takes up magic.

Elerosse
12-13-2007, 11:45 PM
hmm...u guys hav some great ideas too. Feel free to share them with me. If i use them in a quest, ill be sure to give u guys credit. Same with u: if u use my items, giv me credit. kk ty;)