PDA

View Full Version : $100 bounty

Cloral
12-06-2007, 12:40 AM
I'll give $100 to anyone who beats the crap out of the idiot who hit me with his truck today when I was riding my bike to work.

edit:
For legal reasons I am pointing out that this isn't a serious bounty. I don't want anyone to beat anyone else up for me.

Prrkitty
12-06-2007, 12:46 AM
OH hon!! Are you ok? What happened, besides him hitting you?

Dark Nation
12-06-2007, 08:20 AM
You get his license plate number? If there was any paint transfer to your bike (proof that he hit you) and you give the plate number to the police so they can make a nice friendly visit...

Link 101
12-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Wow! You alright bro? Was it a hit and run?

Aegix Drakan
12-06-2007, 10:44 AM
...owww...>_< that happened to my best friend too. it's not fun...

I hope you're ok, and if you're not, I hope for a speedy recovery.

gdorf
12-06-2007, 01:49 PM
I found him and took care of it. Now where is my money?

phattonez
12-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Strung up drivers like that annoy (but I know what happened to you is a lot worse Cloral) me to no end. I'll go 40 in a 35 zone and they'll tailgate and flash their brights, so I intentionally slow down and turn into another street very slowly. Really, don't drive if you are so tense, it's just stupid.

Cloral
12-06-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm ok. The guy just stuck his nose out without looking in my direction and I couldn't stop in time so I ran into his fender. I think he would've run me over completely except that I screamed at him the moment he got in front of me. My left leg took the brunt of the collision and is rather sore, but otherwise seems to be fine. Because I didn't feel particularly injured, I flipped him off and continued on my way.

I just wanted to vent yesterday because people who don't pay enough attention when they're driving piss me off. And it wasn't helped by the fact that the guy seemed annoyed that I was screaming at him to keep him from running me over.

Prrkitty
12-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Did you get his license plate number? Turn the sucker into the cops... see what all they can do to him.

Cloral
12-06-2007, 03:08 PM
No I didn't get the license plate. And I doubt I'd have much of a case, considering that I was the one who left the scene of the accident first.

Link 101
12-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Strung up drivers like that annoy (but I know what happened to you is a lot worse Cloral) me to no end. I'll go 40 in a 35 zone and they'll tailgate and flash their brights, so I intentionally slow down and turn into another street very slowly. Really, don't drive if you are so tense, it's just stupid.

Dude, that's EXACTLY what I do. I hate drivers like that as well. Ha ha. I usually slow down to below the limit when people get right up on my ass going when I am going 40 in a 35.

Well Cloral, happy to hear you didn't get to banged up. Did your bike get any damage?

MasterSwordUltima
12-07-2007, 10:47 AM
If by truck, do you mean a 1994 Green Jeep Grand Cherokee? Because it if waass..... ;)

Also, yeah I love being a total dick to people who think they rule the road, and that they need to go where ever. My favorite time was when I pulled into the Army Navy Store. There are two ways into the place, one is an entrance and one is an exit, each properly marked. So I pull in, and this blonde, probably 16 year old, is flippin' out because I won't move to let her go and leave through the entrance. I sat there and smiled. It was great. Freakin' retards.

Cloral
12-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Well Cloral, happy to hear you didn't get to banged up. Did your bike get any damage?

Nope. My leg was the only thing that impacted the truck, thankfully. I've actually lost a couple of bike tires from accidents I had back in college where other bicyclists ran into me.

SuperLink
12-15-2007, 03:12 AM
Dude, I hate drivers like that as well. Bikers are almost that bad down here at mizzou, but I just don't drive around campus at that time so I don't have to worry about it as much. My friend was actually hit running to work (just off campus) by a car last semester. People just need to learn to take their time more behind the wheel. I get it from my mom, when I was young she used to purposely slow down with tailgaters and tell me not to look in the rear view mirror as they flipped her off hahaha.

Tim
12-15-2007, 04:28 AM
Least you're alright. Just hopefully this won't happen again to ensure your safety.