PDA

View Full Version : Goriya rooms in 2.5?

CastChaos
12-05-2007, 02:36 PM
One quest video showed a problem for me. If the screen flag, that eliminates the text after the string is finished in a room, is checked, then Feed the Goriya rooms are useless, because the text disappears and the room becomes walkable.

So, I'm making a quest in 2.10. When a stable 2.5 is released, I might (slight slight slight chance) that I upgrade. How to solve that my Goriya rooms aren't becoming useless? Is there already a way to solve it, or I need to use scripts for that (like in the aforementioned video)?

This is also an incompatibility issue. If many of these occur, I won't upgrade when the time comes.

Dark Nation
12-05-2007, 04:05 PM
What video?

_L_
12-10-2007, 12:31 PM
If the screen flag, that eliminates the text after the string is finished in a room, is checked, then Feed the Goriya rooms are useless, because the text disappears and the room becomes walkable.
Whoa there, comrade. You forgot about your good pals the shutters. You make that Goriya Guy go away, those shutters will open up like a pinecone in spring, but until then, they'll stay good and clamped.

Freedom
12-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Whoa there, comrade. You forgot about your good pals the shutters. You make that Goriya Guy go away, those shutters will open up like a pinecone in spring, but until then, they'll stay good and clamped.

Plenty of old quests relied on that no walk barrier with the goriya's, so there will be lots and lots broke now. ;)
You're forcing people to only use feed the Goriya in "nes style dungeons"

CastChaos
12-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Freedom was the one who understood it.

So no traditional bait giving in 2.5. I need to finish my quest in 2.10...