PDA

View Full Version : A Couple Questions

zeldanerd
12-04-2007, 04:03 AM
Well, first off, how do you choose where link starts? he starts off in some random place when i play my quest, second, how do I make it so link enters a dungeon or something, and then how do i make him enter into a certain dmap, and third, how do i install music?

and thanks for all the help

zeldanerd
12-04-2007, 04:06 AM
oh, and one more question, how do i make a "side scrolling" screen
reen?

The_Amaster
12-04-2007, 08:25 AM
Well, first of all, please don't double post. There's an edit button underneath each post. Second, to install music, go to Data->Midis, double click on an open slot, and hit load, or somesuch. And if my bus wasn't here in like, 2 minutes, I'd answer the others.

Imprisoned
12-04-2007, 11:42 AM
To choose where Link starts, go to Quest -> Init. Data -> Misc. -> Starting DMap. Choose the DMap where you want to start in.
Next, go to the specific screen you want to Link start on the set DMap and put the green square on the spot you want to Link start at from the bar on the bottom of ZQuest. You can scroll it with Page Up/Down/Mouse Wheel.

To make Link go from a DMap to another, you must use warps. You can choose them from the Data Menu.

Side Warp - When Link walks off the side of the map which triggers the warp, Link will warp to the specific location. On Side Warps you should use a SCROLLING WARP.
And if you want to do multiple warps, first set the tab WARP A, and choose WARP RETURN A for it. Next, there are four triggers there. Click on the side where you want the warp to activate. In this situation for WARP A, check one side and trigger it by clicking it once for it to become A. Click more to make it B, C, or D. Then just select the DMap and screen and press "Go". It saves the warp and sends you to the screen where you can put the WARP RETURN into. It is the blue square on the bar on the bottom of ZQuest. Put the same WARP RETURN as you set in the Warp Menu. You don't need it in a scrolling warp. (Well I'm not really sure about other warps.)

Tile Warp - When Link walks on a combo with the combo type of "Cave", "Stairs", "***** warp [A/B/C/D] or something close, Link will warp to the exact spot you set from the menu. Warp [A] sends you to the Warp Location set on the tab A, [B] to the one set on B and so on. Works pretty much the same as Side Warp. On Tile Warps Link appears on the WARTP RETURN square set on the screen.
A DIRECT WARP changes the screen but doesn't change Link's position.

Yeah those explanations are long but they're very simple and easy to understand. There's nothing much really to do there.

Thus, you cant make scrolling screens like in LttP because they're off-limits for ZC (for now?) .

zeldanerd
12-04-2007, 04:57 PM
thanks

_L_
12-05-2007, 07:47 AM
But you can make "sideview" screens, like in Link's Awakening, with downward gravity and platform action and such.

zeldanerd
01-09-2008, 03:44 AM
everythings working..exept the music.but meh