PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding multiple ffc scripts.

Gleeok
12-02-2007, 09:43 AM
This one's bugging me. Let's say you have one ffc script that keeps enemy X centered at this ffc. Then you have another ffc script that, once activated, centers enemy X at that ffc. Sometimes it's centered at ffc 1, other times ffc 2.

How would someone set it up so that ffc 1 would always get priority over any and all other scripts trying to access the location of enemy X? ...Or in other words, the enemy is always centered at ffc 1, even though another script may try to change that.

Joe123
12-02-2007, 10:16 AM
When you centre the enemy at the first ffc, have it set a global variable whilst it's centred there.
When you try to centre it at the lower priority ffc, have it check that variable first.

Gleeok
12-03-2007, 04:10 AM
Hooboy...Do you know how many scripts do this? I'd have to keep track of all sorts of crap, and add lines to every one of them.

It's just odd that this behavior changes from screen to screen, script to script...if only there was something simple...:uhoh:

DarkDragon
12-03-2007, 04:16 AM
The script attached to the FFC with highest number should execute last.

Gleeok
12-03-2007, 04:35 AM
Ah, so that's it. Well at least we know that works. Well all I have to do is change the order of all my ffc scripts.....:banghead: One wouldn't be able to change the execution order of these manually i'm guessing.