PDA

View Full Version : rpg elements

lupinealchemist
12-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Thinking about other possibilities...

1. Instead of the life gauge being hearts, is it possible to make it into a bar like the magic gauge or even an HP counter?

2. How about instead of tools I use spells? I know how to make an item spend magic but what if I wanted to make the magic gauge into an MP counter? Theoretically, I can make the arrow counter into MP but how can I use the magic container to increase the counter?

If anyone can help me with these ideas, I'd be grateful.

Joe123
12-01-2007, 08:21 PM
1) You can easily make it into a bar, check the neofirst file. I dont know about a counter though.

2) Yes, you can make all items use magic without even a single script. It's in the item editor. It'd still be a bar though, I don't know about a counter again.
And you could script items to use the arrow counter, and then the pickup for the arrow counter would have a magic container graphic. Simpleish.

lupinealchemist
12-01-2007, 08:52 PM
I realized with the arrow counter I can make a magic container from the quivers. I can also use the item editor to make an item use a certain amount of "arrows" per use.

Can I have a link to Neofirst's file?

Russ
12-01-2007, 11:10 PM
I realized with the arrow counter I can make a magic container from the quivers. I can also use the item editor to make an item use a certain amount of "arrows" per use.

Can I have a link to Neofirst's file?
There is a forum for Neofirst planning and development. You should check it out.

LinkMaster500
12-04-2007, 03:33 AM
On the life gauge matter, when you look at Tile 0, what you see in the upper left is what a "heart" looks like when it is full, and the upper right shows what a half-full heart looks like. Then the top left part of Tile 2 is a fully-depleted heart. Then you should be able to just change those.

lupinealchemist
12-11-2007, 06:25 PM
On the life gauge matter, when you look at Tile 0, what you see in the upper left is what a "heart" looks like when it is full, and the upper right shows what a half-full heart looks like. Then the top left part of Tile 2 is a fully-depleted heart. Then you should be able to just change those.

However, I'm editing a subscreen so it has 28 hearts, can someone teach me how to properly arrange the minitiles in the life gauge pieces?