PDA

View Full Version : Santa promotes promiscuous behavior!

Dark Nation
11-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Well, not really, but apparently some corporate types seem to think so. The story's a couple of weeks old, so some of you may have seen it already and it may have even been posted here. :shrug:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115/wl_asia_afp/lifestyleaustraliachristmasoffbeat

Aegix Drakan
11-30-2007, 04:29 PM
The hell?

>_> This is taking the "political correctness" campain too far. Making him say "ha ha ha" instead of "hohoho" because it resembles offensive slang? That's just stupid.

What's next, replacing the easter bunny with the easter jolly kid handing out eggs? sheesh!

And for the record, I think "hahaha" would be scarier for kids than a merry "hohoho".

Freedom
11-30-2007, 04:30 PM
ho ho ho

Darth Marsden
11-30-2007, 05:23 PM
The hell?

>_> This is taking the "political correctness" campain too far. Making him say "ha ha ha" instead of "hohoho" because it resembles offensive slang? That's just stupid.

What's next, replacing the easter bunny with the easter jolly kid handing out eggs? sheesh!
This just in: It's Pugilism (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=3&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FBoxing&ei=r39QR_j_CYukwgGE5ZGFCQ&usg=AFQjCNE2q-6lUzOfqmS-Yb_Q1yEbVwfZiw&sig2=zlMKZN2hsxSWxyBD47r3Lg) Day rather then Boxing Day, Tooth Homosexual as opposed to Tooth Fairy and Physical Exertion Day instead of Labour Day.

Political Correctness gone mad!

MasterSwordUltima
11-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Ho Ho Hoe for the win.

And to add to your list, Darth Marsden, the Springtime Bunny, and Holiday Trees. Put them under Freedom Fries, would ya?

[oh god, all this politically correctness makes me want to look up zelda64gld...]

Trevelyan_06
11-30-2007, 06:01 PM
ho ho ho

I demand that you immediately remove this obviously offensive phrase! You're cluttering up the boards with your demeaning attack on women!

Hmm......nope being a knee jerk political correctness idiot doesn't appeal to me.

MasterSwordUltima
11-30-2007, 06:18 PM
I demand that you immediately remove this obviously offensive phrase! You're cluttering up the boards with your demeaning attack on women!

Hmm......nope being a knee jerk political correctness idiot doesn't appeal to me.

But it will no doubt become a Family Guy joke within the next few months.

Russ
11-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Gosh. This is just crazy. I thought there was a limit to political correctness. Apearently, there's not. And that nonsense about the children. Ha Ha Ha sounds scary the Ho Ho Ho. And I am pretty sure nobody will ever connect Ho Ho Ho to a slang term for a prostitute. What is the world coming to?

Ho Ho Ho!

Breaker
11-30-2007, 07:15 PM
It's not like the country banned the use of "Ho Ho Ho". It was a single staffing agency and a small group of Santas. This is just an example of how people make stupid decisions.

The_Amaster
11-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Okay, I vote some of us get together and stage a protest march. One of us can be holding a christmas tree, another a menorah, and other singular-holiday icons. We'll get on the news I bet.